Anybody else here with an eating disorder???

Options
if there is anyone here with an eating disorder of any kind send me a friends request. I'd be nice to talk to people going through the same thing

Replies

• doingthisfortheboys
    doingthisfortheboys Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey FR sent !
  • marymom
    marymom Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes. I do. For 25 years. Some years were under control, many not. Im back here today looking for support.
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    I used to have one several years ago, and sometimes I struggle now with obsessing over my weight, calories, allowing myself to treat myself etc.

Atm I'm dealing with the struggle that comes with maintenance - I know I need to eat more because I'm still losing weight but I'm afraid to because I might put it back on again. I know from my past battles with weight fluctuation that I can't trust myself without logging calories but it isn't a healthy relationship at all.
  • Gunthermac
    Options
    Nothing doctor diagnosed but I know myself food is my biggest enemy. Sometimes my eating is completely out of control and at other times I'm fine. I love to cook and I love to eat, but sometimes I just can't find anything that satisfies me so I just keep eating till I find something. I guess that is binge eating. Today is my first day on a journey to better health and hopefully a lighter me. I'm looking to ward off diabetes and lose weight and get my life under control. I'm walking and doing water aerobics. Just knowing that we are not alone helps.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If you want some support, send me a friend request. EDs stink!
  • Jimsmith109
    Jimsmith109 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say that 99% of the people on this site one way or another have an eating disorder that is why we are here to try to overcome them no matter which way your disorder is over eating or starving themselves.
    I myself have battled my weight my whole life
  • kaimichele
    Options
    Anorexic/bulimic weight loss addict over here. FR sent :) I wish I could say I'm here in recovery, but I'm just.... a person trying to do life. Some days that means trying to eat and some days that means trying not to. I have no inspirational words or grand realizations, but I do have empathy and understanding. I blog occasionally about the struggle. Community is good, I'd love to be a part of yours.
  • marymom
    marymom Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes. For about thirty years. Off and on, everyone probably understands. Sometimes things go well, other times... Not so much. I recently did an ip and iop treatment. I am cutrently in out patient. Im really struggling.