My water tastes salty

Options
So I've had 4 different sources of water today. Starting the day water tasted normal, but after a couple hours of no water or food I had water at a clients house and it tasted salty. I thought it was just their water, but for the rest of the day, even after brushing my teeth, all water has tasted salty. I know I've had more sodium than I'd like, but this is just so odd.... Anyone know why this would happen?

Replies

• monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Is it a shared city-wide water source?..
  • LoveHealth7
    Options
    Don't know if you're in Ohio, because they're not drinking the water there. Other than that, I don't know.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Town water should be O.K it's been filtered by loads of different kidneys.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily related... but I swear when I was sick(high fever, unable to eat, etc) a few weeks ago my water was sweet! I was also craving sweets...

Were you craving salty things? Maybe it's a matter of mind over matter?

I know for a fact that my water was not any sweeter than it ever is same tap water, brita filter, and even had the exact same water after my fever dropped and it tasted perfectly normal...
  • mjrose514
    mjrose514 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nope all different sources! I have city water in one county then they have different county water and my in laws have well water...
  • mjrose514
    Options
    Today I made lunch and now everything has a metallic taste.... Mac and cheese with tuna and mix veggies....
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're in Ohio, because they're not drinking the water there. Other than that, I don't know.

Why aren't we?
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    That's odd.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Did you take any medications or supplements recently?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Maybe your having a stroke
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Are you drinking pee? That's salty too. Well, I heard. A friend told me. Well, it was a friend of a friend so yeah.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just because you're in a different city or county doesn't mean the water doesn't come from the same plant. For example, in the Dayton, Ohio area, almost all water either comes from Greene County or City of Dayton, regardless of where you are. If you get it from Greene county, the water is always salty and has crazy calcium deposits. City of Dayton though is only as hard as it has to be to not dissolve the pipes.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

Why aren't we?

Massive algae blooms in the water in and around Toledo I believe. I'm in Akron so I didn't have any issues.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Did you floss??
    ....could be some leftover bacon.
  • mjrose514
    Options
    Lol thanks, it pew to away in a couple days!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Do you ever get migraine headaches? Some type can cause this phenomenon.
  • mjrose514
    Options
    Hmm I am prone to headaches, though had been doing well till that day...