WATER?

Options
SOOO I've read everywhere that drinking water when you're hungry will make you un-hungry...or at least trick your body into thinking you're not hungry.

It makes me even more hungry! And plus, it makes me have to pee like twice an hour!

Why is this???? And how can I adjust my water drinking habits to help them stop the hunger pains?

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I don't think it makes you less hungry. I think sometimes you think you're hungry but you are thirsty. So, try drinking water when you think you're hungry or just drink it throughout the day and you will probably not feel that way.

ETA: If it's time for you to eat again, don't just drink water so it goes away, you still need to get your nutrients!
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    And over time, you will not have to "go" quite as often!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That is a great sign! I am a big water fan. Without it I would not be losing the weight a week that I am losing. Believe me I have tried. The most important thing about it is that it fluses the bad toxins and impurities from your body!! I never really believed that it takes the hunger pangs away (maybe other diest say that as a gimmic) but I do believe that it is wonderful for your hair and your skin!! Best of luck to you!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That is a great sign! I am a big water fan. Without it I would not be losing the weight a week that I am losing. Believe me I have tried. The most important thing about it is that it fluses the bad toxins and impurities from your body!! I never really believed that it takes the hunger pangs away (maybe other diest say that as a gimmic) but I do believe that it is wonderful for your hair and your skin!! Best of luck to you!!!
  • tsez
    tsez Posts: 10
    Options
    drinking a couple glasses of water about 10 minutes before you eat will take up space in your stomach so when you eat you will feel full faster therefore you will eat less, or that's the theory anyway
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    And over time, you will not have to "go" quite as often!

the reason you're going to the bathroom so often is because you're body is flushing out all those toxins and sodium and crap that eating badly leaves in your body (and yes it takes a while for those to all leave) just plan accordingly knowing that you're gonna have to pee a bit more often but know that its a good sign :)

drink water until you can drink no more and have a LIGHT but filling snack (like a fiber-y fruit....like an apple) and the hunger should go away. water on its own never helped me but something small but filling PLUS tons of water usually does the trick.

good luck!