21 day fix, t25 or piyo?

Which one in your opinion would be the best to start out with?

Replies

• hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Hey Lo. I just got the 21 day fix a couple weeks ago. I LOVE the workouts, I am restarting them today after a break for over a week.'

The food plan was a little much for me (it focuses on portion control and clean eating), I feel like I am only successful when nothing is limited in my diet (everything in moderation). I love the idea of the containers for portion control, but not the limitations on what you can eat.

Hope this helps :)
  • lo2754
    lo2754 Posts: 16 Member
    It does help a lot thank you so much. I want to eventually get the others but I need something for beginners.
  • Jimmie342
    Jimmie342 Posts: 56 Member
    I find T25 to be pretty fun. It is very fast paced and keeps you moving for the full 25 minutes.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Started 21 Day Fix today, though I am not using containers because I feel weighing my food is much more accurate. Excited to see how it goes!
  • dnmoehring
    dnmoehring Posts: 64 Member
    I really like T25.
    I also have Insanity, and I love it, but I like T25 because you still get a good burn but it feels easy.
    I woke up sore the next day and I like to think I'm in decent shape! And like the last poster, you keep moving and it really flies by.
    I like using it when I don't have time to go to the gym but I want a workout. So someone who dedicates to the program would have good results.
    Good luck in whatever you decide!
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    The problem with T25 (and Shaun T's workouts in general) is that his shtick uses the same series of moves and has you repeat them faster and then FASTER (but always with good form!!!) to get results. If you're a beginner or aren't working near mirrors this can get tricky because the faster you go the more your body has to instinctively know how to maintain good form. You have to have really excellent awareness of what good form is and how that should feel in order to prevent injury. If you feel you can do that, then go for it but if not maybe consider one of the others.

Piyo is specifically designed for people who want to keep things low impact on the joints and knees, so keep that in mind as well when you're considering a program.

(Personally I would go with Turbo Fire.)
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    I bought PiYo about a month ago and I am already bored with it. It came with a Turbo Fire bonus dvd and I loved it. I just ordered Turbo Fire. I should be getting it this week and I am jumping right it!
  • lo2754
    How long are the TurboFire workouts
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    I'm waiting for my piyo to arrive. I have had Turbo Fire for a little over a yr now. I started it at the my Gym (Turbo Kick). I love it, it's a great, fun workout. The Dvds can range from 30 min to 60 Min (60 min is in advanced Dvds. There are also a couple HIIT class dvds ranging from 15 min to 30 min. The 45 Class in my Fave, but the 30 is a heck of a workout when you're short on time!! It's dancey kickboxing. Good luck deciding. But out of all my dvds (which also include t25) I would choose Turbo if i could only keep one.
  • lo2754
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have decided on getting Turbo Fire/Advanced as soon as I can then probably Chalean extreme or piyo. The Turbo Fire looks like it will be fun.
  • I am completely in love with Piyo and think that it can be for beginners or advanced. It really depends what your goals are and what you like to do/dont like to do in regards to workouts. For instance, I don't love cardio, and I do love yoga. My goal is to tone up. So I think PiYo is perfect for me. T25 looks a little too intense for me so I think I might get defeated. I have also heard nothing but good things about the 21 day fix and think I might try that after I complete PiYo.
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member
    Is T25 a lot of jumping and stress on the knees?
  • colleenamyers
    colleenamyers Posts: 11 Member
    Which one in your opinion would be the best to start out with?

If you feel like you need a lot of help cleaning up your diet, 21 Day Fix is the way to go. That program focuses far more on the nutrition side than on the exercise component, though it does include workouts.

T25 is an excellent all-around program. It combines cardio and strength training, and it is convenient to build into your schedule as all workouts are 25 minutes long. It can be a bit on the intense side, but there's a modifier for every workout that you can follow and I've found her to be a great solution as you're working to build up your strength.

I love PiYo, but I do both Pilates and Yoga at local studios. I wouldn't necessarily start with that program. I think PiYo is great to add into your existing exercise routine to build flexibility, and I personally combine it with T25 when I feel like I want more low impact activity, but I think T25 or 21 Day Fix are going to get you better results in the immediate future.

If you decide to go with T25, I'm running a Facebook challenge group this fall. Prep week begins 8/25 and the challenge runs 9/1-10/5. I'm happy to include you if you're interested!
  • colleenamyers
    colleenamyers Posts: 11 Member

Some of the workouts incorporate jumping, but there's always a modifier available to follow. For context, I had knee realignment surgery a few years back and always worry about this, but I find T25 very accessible for me. I do have to follow the modifier at times, but it's usually based more on how tired I'm feeling on a given day than whether my knees can handle the moves. There are also some workouts that don't have any jumps at all.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have decided on getting Turbo Fire/Advanced as soon as I can then probably Chalean extreme or piyo. The Turbo Fire looks like it will be fun.

I did the TurboFire/Advance and lost 30lbs and 23inches, and I LOVE THE WORKOUTS. I just finished and am now starting Chalean EXtreme. Once I finish that, I will be doing a Hybrid between the 2. I absolutely love Chalene and at some point I will be getting PiYo too, but for now I have my workouts planned into 2015 :) good luck, I hope you love TurboFire
  • TamiHudson
    TamiHudson Posts: 83 Member
    Chalean Extreme ROCKS.....
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member

Some of the workouts incorporate jumping, but there's always a modifier available to follow. For context, I had knee realignment surgery a few years back and always worry about this, but I find T25 very accessible for me. I do have to follow the modifier at times, but it's usually based more on how tired I'm feeling on a given day than whether my knees can handle the moves. There are also some workouts that don't have any jumps at all.

Thank you.