From 315lbs to Zumba instructor: my

Options
12346»

Replies

• I have the special Zumba sneakers and I have the special Zumba carpet gliders on them. They work well for doing Zumba on the carpet, but my knees feel funny. They don't hurt, but they are getting stiff easily. I don't know if the sneakers don't have enough shock absorption or what.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazing inspiration! Congrats!
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    About the Zumba snickers/doing Zumba on carpet etc: I don't have Zumba shoes, I think they are way too expensive for what it is. My footwear of choice for Zumba are the Reebok ZigLite (you can see one of my pairs in my pic), they are great to turn etc. That said I have never done Zumba on carpet so I can't help with that but if your knees are a bit sore after Zumba, make sure to take the impact off (no impact) while keeping the intensity. And use a stick to roll your thighs and legs or foam roll (if you don't know how to, go to your gym or you can buy a foam roller at any store and youtube it, it is very very effective for sore knees.
    Hope that helps!
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look so amazing! I always wanted to try zumba.
  • cjml1129
    cjml1129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh my Gosh! You look like a different person!! Thank you for sharing!! ????????
  • hellokimmy13
    hellokimmy13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story!! You look great!:smile:
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Go girl! Zumba did you well! :smile: Keep it up!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    great job and thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Got my certificate today. It is officially official... and scary too, hahaha!
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm just starting and this is really encouraging! Thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!