Its starting to work.....suddenly.

Options
I didn't lose anything for over a week. I was under my calory intake goal, and kept up with my excersise routines. Then all of a sudden I went to weight this morning and the scale told me six whole pounds had come off. I was so relieved because I had started to become doubtful and wonder what I was doing wrong. I wanted to share this to those who should keep the faith.

Replies

• 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    Good for you! keep up the good work.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    WOW!! Amazing!! :D GJ!! :D
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ughh .. thank you for this post because I have been working out for 18 days & counting calories and at first I seen a drop but then NOTHING , then this morning I got on and I had seen it dropped one pound !!!

Keep it up !!!
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I sure hope your story is more the norm than individual lol. I've been at it for 15 days and only 1 lb has gone bye-bye! I'm really trying to do this the long-term way this time, no fad diets that give faster results but aren't good for you. But I do miss fad diet results some days lol!
  • Roxanne_Riley
    Options
    Woohoo!!!! That is awesome and inspiring!!!!! I've been tracking now for a little over a week and have not seen any weight loss yet.....you give me hope!!!!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hard work always pays off! Congratulations to you:drinker:
  • barberella
    Options
    That was what I needed to read...and to further keep my fat *kitten* off the scale! I've been at this 10 or so days, and have not weighed myself yet. I've had some slip ups and I don't want that thing telling me I either gained or no change at all. It may discourage me all together, so thanks for the post. I'm not going to weigh myself for at least another week. The biggest payoff to me more than a number on the scale is if and when my clothes start to feel looser..OH god, I"m waiting for that moment when I feel I can put on some of my jeans I barely can get a leg into! And those are jeans I just was able to wear 8 months ago..
    Thanks again for the reinforcement and keep up the awesome work!
  • roland72
    roland72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    good to hear that I'm not the only one with that problem. I hadn't weighed myself for a week after watching what i had been eating and exercising only to see that there wasn't a single bit of movement in the needle on the scales. That was on monday. Back in the gym tonight and will have a pop on the scales to see if it was a fluke.

Lets hope I've lost a few pounds along the way
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I found that since I have limited sodium (now I aim for less than 1000 mg/day), miracles started happening. It's like I am taking a weight loss pill, but I'm not.
  • sisseretta
    sisseretta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great! I'm new to this, but have been doing it for nearly a month. Mine has been pretty steady -- losing about 1/2 pound a day, possibly more on the days I exercise. I think you have to experiment with what works for you, and eat what works for you. I've had to experiment a bit, but think I'm on the right track -- finally.

Isn't it funny that, after we've done everything else, we come back to what has worked for years and years? I lost weight in HS counting calories.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while your body will just go "WTF?!" and hold. Once your body gets over the initial shock it cooperates. Keep going and it will average out.
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You have to be patient because so many factors affect your personal weight loss: age (the older we get our metabolism slows down), gender, genetics, eating habits (try not eating just before bed), water retention, stress, proper rest. The list goes on and on, I tell people not to get so hung up on the scale if your clothes fit better, you’re trying to eat right, and you feel good then you’re doing just fine.
  • chicolitilv
    chicolitilv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    his is encouraging to me, since I actually gained 2 lbs in the 1st 2 days! Thanks for sharing the success!
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I to have been under my calorie intake, so I have been hoping it won't affect my loss. I have been exercising every day so I know my metabolism is getting a jump start...No losing the faith for me..:happy:
  • shannondecamp
    Options
    Great Post Dave! I will not be a slave to the scale. I hope that Friday will show the numbers loss.. but I feel so much better internally for the way I have been eating and reducing the garbage in my diet! Everyone keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!