High protein low carb low calorie

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good protein shake that has high protein, low calorie and low carbs. I am trying to mkeep my carbs below 50, calories below 1400, and my protein above 100. Any advice would be great. I just want as much protein as possible to help my weight loss

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why would as much protein as possible help your weight loss?
  • costelloscountryshed
    Options
    I am by no way an expert, but it helps to control hunger and also preserves muscle when losing weight so that the weight lost is fat.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I do Premier Protein Strawberries and Cream & Vanilla they are very good and has only 4 carbs.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    is ~28 grams of protein, ~7 g carbs, and 170 calories high protein, low carb and low calorie for you? That's about the average stats for the cheap store brand whey powder
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ISO Flex is good - no sugar or aspertame, 27 g protein, 1 carb, 115 calories. I love the chocolate mint and the chocolate peanut butter. i don't like the vanilla, but haven't tried the plain chocolate. there are also ISO Flex chillers in iced tea and peach and there is a fruit punch flavour too, which are good.
  • Jimsmith109
    Jimsmith109 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's a tall order just because protein = calories
    try low carb Myoplex or Myoplex lite from EAS supplements this is a great product has been on the market forever, I use Myoplex Original. these are examples of meal replacement's.
    you can also use straight protein I use Optimal Nutrition Gold standard.
    Eat chicken, turkey, fish steamed broccoli, asparagus, Brussels sprouts
    by the way not all carbs are bad for example = Brown rice and baked sweet potato's are awesome for you,
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like Plant Fusion. Sipping on my Chocolate Raspberry now ;-).

120 Calories
    2g Fat
    4g Carb
    21g Protein
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    pure protein makes some very tasty readymade shakes in cans. low calorie, low carb, high protein - we buy them at trader joe's and target.
  • bobholzman
    Options
    Z Natural Foods - Whey Protein Concentrate.
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am by no way an expert, but it helps to control hunger and also preserves muscle when losing weight so that the weight lost is fat.
    It also impedes many of the beneficial effects of low carb / high fat plans (both for weight loss and more importantly for insulin resistance.

Please read (and watch) some of the information here before making decisions that will effect your long term health and well being.

These will get you started:
    http://tinyurl.com/btcr73o
    http://tinyurl.com/q8eklwh
    http://tinyurl.com/kj9xtef
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    i do pure protein from walmart.........make sure you weigh your scoop,usually off................I started cutting my carbs and watching my sodium and raising proteins up.
    I have 3 to 4 protein shakes and 1 serving of olive oil in 2 of the shakes.
    so it gets my calories where I want them, carbs down and sodium low....................more fat grams, but mostly good fats
    and been droppin weight like crazy.
    syntha-6 protein is a good protein mix and OP
    pure protein vanilla very low sodium
    more protein keeps cravings down and keeps you from crashing
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    make sure you weigh your scoop, because 1 scoop really isn't what the label says.......I know on mine it says 42g, when really its 32-35grams lol
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Go to truenutrition.com and mix your own. That is what I do. It is WAY cheaper if you compare grams protein per dollar and you can control what goes into it.

I like the US milk protein a lot - it is really cheap, all made from milk, and is about 20% whey, 80% casein which is great for retaining muscle during fat loss.

The microfiltrated whey is the whey protein I choose for pre-/post-workout.

Custom protein is awesome.
  • tlpteach
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar

1 scoop in 8 oz water
    100 calories
    23g protein
    0 fat
    0 carbs

My favorite flavors are Fuzzy Navel, Iced Tea and Cappuccino
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar

1 scoop in 8 oz water
    100 calories
    23g protein
    0 fat
    0 carbs

That is sooo overpriced. All it is is whey protein isolate - there isn't anything special about it. You can buy the same thing from truenutrition.com - Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration - for about half the price.

If you look at how much protein per dollar you are getting, 2 lbs of Syntrax is $39.99, has 130 servings with 6g protein/serving. That comes out to 19.44g of protein per $1. The same thing from truenutrition is $10.39/lb, has 15 servings per lb with 27.3 g protein per serving. That comes to 39.73 g protein per $1.

Why pay double?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar

1 scoop in 8 oz water
    100 calories
    23g protein
    0 fat
    0 carbs

That is sooo overpriced. All it is is whey protein isolate - there isn't anything special about it. You can buy the same thing from truenutrition.com - Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration - for about half the price.

If you look at how much protein per dollar you are getting, 2 lbs of Syntrax is $39.99, has 130 servings with 6g protein/serving. That comes out to 19.44g of protein per $1. The same thing from truenutrition is $10.39/lb, has 15 servings per lb with 27.3 g protein per serving. That comes to 39.73 g protein per $1.

Why pay double?

You don't have a code for free shipping to share, do you? <-- serious inquiry, since with shipping the cost for 1# is now $18 :(
  • millery2
    millery2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Dymatize iso 100 chocolate is very good. They also have many other flavors. 110 cals, 25 g protein, 1 or 2 carbs.
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar

1 scoop in 8 oz water
    100 calories
    23g protein
    0 fat
    0 carbs

Why pay double?

You don't have a code for free shipping to share, do you? <-- serious inquiry, since with shipping the cost for 1# is now $18 :(

All I have is a discount code for 5% MKB939

Every once in a while they offer discounted shipping, but I've never seen free. I usually order a few lbs/items at a time so the shipping is cheaper.

However, I just logged into their site and I'm not sure where you are getting $18 for a lb of powder. Are you in Hawaii or alaska or something? I am showing fed ex is $7.39 for 1 lb but is only $8.18 for 2 lbs or $9.38 for 5 lbs. Also, it doesn't matter if you are buying 2 lbs of the same powder or 1 lbs of 2 different powders, the shipping stays the same.
  • costelloscountryshed
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!:smile:
  • C_LO211
    C_LO211 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Isopure has a no carb portein powder it's 50g protein no carbs and 1g fat in each serving and calories are 210