Has anybody taken a few steps backwards?

Options
2»

Replies

• VenusSparks
    Options
    Saving money tip: Cook your weeks worth of food on a Sunday or whatever off day (boiled eggs, grilled chicken, etc) - freeze/refrigerate them and prepack salads so they're readily available. This saved me a lot of money and forced me NOT to go out when im hungry. I tend to use me not having any food ready to eat at home as an excuse to eat out :bigsmile:
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on what to bring for lunch when on a budget? Also, since we don't have reps the next couple weeks (I work in a dr office and the docs are on vacation) though they aren't the BEST thing for you, eating portion controlled frozens like smart ones or lean cuisines seemed to help me.....

i'm not sure if you've got a specific plan you're following or if you're just cutting calories in general, but i've found that if i keep a head of lettuce, mayo, mustard, and either shredded chicken breast or deli-sliced turkey, i can make lettuce rolls that are filling and stay well within my calorie limits and macros (i low carb). if i catch stuff on sale, about $20 will last me between a week - week and a half of work lunches.

however, you could also adapt the lunches the reps bring in to suit your eating style. if it were me, i'd take a couple of sandwiches and some green salad, ditch the buns, cut up the meat and cheese into strips, and toss them all together with some salad dressing from home. you may end up doing some estimating on logging the food, but you should be able to find the amounts based on how many slices of meat and/or cheese and veggies are on the sandwich, and if there's just a straight mixed-greens or romaine salad without any dressing, you'd be hard pressed to go over any of your macros unless you decided to dive head-first into the entire bowl.