Upper arm workout?

Options
Can anyone tell me whats best to do about working out my upper arms, because the weight just simply won't go when i do normal exercising. Also if possible ways i could work them out at home as i don't have a Gym pass for anything there. Thanks if you can help :)

Replies

• ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Free weights are great! I don't know what I'd do without mine. Tamilee Webb has a great video called I Want THAT Body that has two awesome arm workouts.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred DVD will have a few upper body workouts that you can do.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Working out the upper arms is pretty simple. Get something heavy-ish in each hand and exercise the arms, there are dozens of exercises - curls, raises, presses in various positions. Pushups and chair dips are great for the arms too.

"Something heavy-ish" could be just about anything. Dumbells are nice of course, that's why we made them, but soup cans are heavyish too. A brick in each hand will kick your butt and improve your grip strength. No need to spend a lot of $.

Now the bad news - there is no such thing as "Spot reducing". You can't really select just where your body removes fat from. Your wings will go away when you've lost that bodyfat, and exercising that area will not make that happen any quicker. If it did I'd find some way to exercise my jaw and finally lose this *$% double chin.

Good luck, keep us posted.
  • pretty_bird
    Options
    free weights are great... a particular exercise i use with dumbbells would be where you hold it with both hands behind your head, and just straighten your arms.

also, there is and app for android phones called "no more flabby arms" that teaches and practices with you different workouts for the upper arms... hope i helped
  • natisinvincible
    Options
    Oh thanks i will try those suggestions :D also about the spot reducing, i guess it makes sense, thanks for the advice, i will just keep exercising and hope that it goes on its own and hopefully work my arms out as well :)