Chipotle

Options
So I think the fiance and I will be heading to Chipotle after school tonight and I've never been there before.

Whats good there? Anything I can eat without totally ruining my day? :laugh:

Replies

• princsoreo
    princsoreo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a salad, skip the dressing and get salsa, skip guac and sour cream (or get guac, no cheese) and I think you won't totally derail your day. Also, skip the chips. The salad is tasty!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    avoid the rice.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Chipotle.

Princsoreo had some great ideas.

I will typicall order the following:

Salad with either the bell peppers (vegetarian) or the chicken, no cheese, no sour cream, extra salsa. I'f I'm *starving* and have enough calories left, I may also ask for black beans.
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Here is the Chipotle calculator:

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

I love their salad. They have the best rice EVER!

Their chicken is good but, I've been in love with their carnitas the last few times I have been.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

You can calculate your nutrition facts before you even go! I always get an order of tacos, soft flour, with rice, black beans, fajitas, and guac. Its not a small meal, but if I fit it into my calories its delicious, high fiber, and not totally lost in protein.

If you get something with meat, its actually pretty good for you. The corn salsa is amazing. Their steak is great. Have fun!

Just don't try the chips and guac. You will never. stop. eating them.
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    www.chipotlefan.com for all the nutritional info you want.

I usually get a chicken fajita burrito bol with lots of fresh salsa, black beans, a little cilantro rice, lettuce and a sprinkle of cheese.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    IMO, salad at chipotle without anything but guac is kind of a waste of time and $ (not to mention sodium)

I like the hard tacos - with some finegaling you can get it to about 590- Get veggies, guac, salsa and cheese and you should be pretty good. Google "chipotle nutrition" and theres the Chipotle listed nutrition and a sep site that lets you "add" different elementsand see what it comes out to.

Also with the hard tacos, you can load them up a bit more (meat and cheese) and just plan to have 2 out of the 3 of them.
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    try to guess what you might get and log before you go! I ate a burrito from Hot Harry's (similar to pancheros or chipotle) last week and it was horrible! I was thinking everything in it probably wasnt too bad (chicken, black beans, rice lettuce, just a little cheese, etc) and then when I came home and logged, the dumb thing was like 800 calories! I was dumbfounded!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the tortillas! I always get a burrito bowl with half the rice and half the beans. It still is loaded with calories but jeez it is so good!

My first apartment was across the street from the very first Chipotle. Luckily, I was young then and couls till eat it like crazy without gaining weight. Aaaaaah those were the days...
  • CynPierce15
    CynPierce15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get the Carnitas Salad, with Black Beans WITH CHEESE and SOUR CREAM, no dressing. I ask for extra lettuce to make it more filling. If ordered this way the salad is 580 calories. Stay away from the tortillas, they are 300 calories each.

Chipotle uses no hormones in their products, so that's a plus!

Enjoy!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi! Check it out online. The "eat this not that" guy posted a little while back the best thing to eat there!! Enjoy!!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo yummy! It's my fav!!

Go with the salad, no cheese, no sour cream, sometimes I add avacado. You can add the black beans and meat to give you protein. :) I usually just ask for extra tomato salsa... Yumm!!!

If you like spice go for the chicken.. :)

I don't use their dressing either. I use the limes they have instead.

ENJOY!!!

I think they actually have their nutritional values on their website finally. Check it out. :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks for all the suggestions! I'm gonna have to play with that calculator some... I should have tons of calories to play with today so that will be good.
  • hollyc101
    Options
    I was just there last night
    i got a chicken bowl with fajita veggies, rice, cheese, lettuce, corn salsa.
    no sour cream.

it ended up being 629 calories.

and i didnt mess up my calories at all .
    just make sure you eat healthy and good for lunch !
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many calories you have to “spend” there. Just the other day I had one of their bowls, it had, rice, black beans, onions and peppers, steak, corn salsa, guac, sour cream and cheese, all for like 750-800 calories if I remember right. Not bad at all for a meal that size, and it just about covers my daily exercise, so really it’s “free” calories for me.

And I second what someone said above, figure out your calories first (they are in MFP data base) then you will know before hand.
  • crlujan
    crlujan Posts: 59
    Options
    I go with a Chicken Fajita Burrito with lotsa mild salsa, some guacamole and lettuce. I ask them to just give me half as much rice as they would. 745 calories. Sometimes my wife and I will split one. That's really all you need. Eat half. You'll be fine. Take a break. You won't feel like you need to eat the whole thing.
  • Melrimba54
    Options
    Like some have said... DON'T get the burrito... there a so many calories in it and you'll just feel so full!

If you do, eat half and wrap it up before you start eating... it is so hard to stop!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I have about 700-850 calories to play with, and I don't like rice very much (it upsets my tummy). A chicken bowl with salsa, sour cream, veggies and maybe some beans sounds good to me! The fiance gets a free burrito there (college bookstore special when you spend so much for books) so we decided we would try it for dinner after school. Yum, I'm excited now. Everyone I know totally raves about that place.