Making Changes For Me!

Options
Hello! I joined myfitnesspal in January, but I didn't actually begin to use it til about 2weeks ago. I have been logging on every day logging my foods and started logging what my exercises I do. I am new to all this. I am a mom. I have two boys. I need to change. I have been overweight all of my life, and it has affected my health a lot. I am ready to take on this journey to be a healthier me. I want to do it for myself. I want to be healthy so I can show my boys that being healthy is the way to be. I would Love to make some more friends on here to see how other people do things. I have a very long way to go, but if I dont start one day at a time, then I would never start. So here I am...two weeks in.. feeling pretty good at the choices I have been making so far in my journey. Thanks for reading. :D

Replies

• Blufae
    Blufae Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi I'm on every day, feel free to add me :) New friends are always welcome!
  • embracethepainfitness
    Options
    Hi poppy2003, first congratulations on taking the first step! For me, that first step was the hardest because I'd say I wanted to get healthy, but my actions spoke volumes compared to my words. :(
    I have two little boys at home as well (3 if you count my husband - haha) but I had been overweight my entire life and super unhappy with myself. And finally I decided enough was enough. I had to set an example for my children. Fast foward and I'm down almost 50lbs. Yay - FINALLY!!
    I've been using MyFitnessPal for about a year and a half and it's so, so helpful. Feel free to add me as a friend. I log my food and my workouts constantly.
    Good luck on your journey,
    Amber
  • poppy2003
    poppy2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I added you and thank you so much for allowing me! I always need the motivation. I really am not doing too much exercises yet... that will change soon enough though. I am trying to work up to it. I also count my husband as a child to on some days!! :D
  • poppy2003
    poppy2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply!! I added you and I am so looking forward to this journey! I have a lot to lose, but I am taking it one step at a time. I am completely committed though and so far it's been 25 days!
  • princessbessica
    princessbessica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.

Well done for making a start - I'm finding it easier the further along I get. My new eating habits are beginning to stick, and exercise is more enjoyable the lighter I get :-)
  • heidimmto
    heidimmto Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, there

Kudos on desiring a change for yourself. That is where most people make mistakes. I am here because I want to change the way I feel about myself too and I have discovered that the thing you need the most is support. I am starting slow too, but making big changes on what I eat, unfortunately I survive on cafeteria food, so I need to get crafty with what I put in my mouth. I have cut down on processed food and refined carbs, I also began juicing for dinner. What surprises me the most is the fact that I don't feel hungry anymore and I think that has a lot to do with the change in eating habits. Every single time I started dieting before it didn't take long before I'd fall into my all binge patterns. Hopefully, I wish to continue on the right track. Surround yourself from people who support you and want to see you succeed, you can do it!!!!!