YIKES! Healthy Grab N Go Snack? & Late Night Dinner??

Options
Hi Gang - I'm new to this site and curious. I have a super busy lifestyle - and work a second job. On Wed nights I have to go from my day job straight to waiting tables. As much as I would love to eat something in between (and sometimes do) I always get hungry towards the end of my shift (typically when we slow down around 9ish) Sometimes I'm so hungry that I just grab a 1/2 round loaf of that yummy bread and a ramkin of honey butter and scarf it down. I just found out though that little piece of bread and honey butter is like 943 calories and 22 grms of fat !!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my question is - what would be the best snack to put in my apron pocket to nosh on til I get off work??? Is there any low fat PB crackers out there??? Granola bar??? Something that is gonna keep me going til I get home - AND - I've been getting food to go from the restaurant (which is probably a mistake from a diet and money standpoint) - sooooo what's the best thing to eat if you HAVE to eat late at night??? :embarassed:

Replies

• helenamonks
    Options
    I like the atkins peanut caramel cluster bars and special k strawberry bars. also I fix a whole days food first thing in the morning and bring it all to work with me in a walmart bag.

if you need any ideas just message me!
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    How about a Zone Perfect bar? Or a 100 calorie snack pack of something? They have them for craisins, cookies, crackers, just about everything. :smile:
  • beckijtn
    Options
    The Atkins Bar sounds good and I've had the Special K Bars - they are pretty good. And I have started packing my breakfast and lunches (and snacks) for my day job - no problem there. It's the server job where I have to "sneak" and grab a bite that's hard. I get off at 4:30pm from day job and head straight to restaurant on Wed nights. My boyfriend keeps telling me to eat something before I leave at 4:30 but even then - I start running out of steam by 8 or so.
  • helenamonks
    Options
    What time do you get off at the night job? Do you get a break? If so, you can still snag a bite, if not everyone needs winddown time, just don't eat after 10 or so if you go to bed at 12. If you go to bed later, you can eat later
  • beckijtn
    Options
    No, no break. I'm a server. I just have to sneak off when I don't have tables sat (or they're taken care of for a few minutes) and I never know what time I'm going to get off. Depends on how busy we are and what number I am. Have gotten off as early as 8:30 - late as midnight. And I usually take home something cause I get a discount - but even a salad at 10:30pm is probably not healthy. Of course a salad with cheese, potato sticks and honey mustard is not healthy anyway. And my fav is our Grilled Chicken Cranberry Salad - which has feta cheese & candied pecans with honey vin on top. YIKES! It's so hard not to think about good food when you're serving it for 3-5 hours!!!! :sad: