obsessed with weight myself

Options
( I hate it when i make typos in the topic title )

is anyone as obsessed as me? I can't wait to jump on the scale every morning. I have a new found love for the pretty shiny scale.

Replies

• AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    I have to hide mine, and then bring it out every Friday morning to weigh myself.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Yeah I do that every morning to. I hate it when my digital scale won't work on the days I feel lighter!!!lol:bigsmile:
  • nataliemra
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself everyday. Its discouraging for me, so I stick once a week or even every 2 weeks, so I can see GOOD results! But I do love my scale too :)
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You are much braver than I. I do not dread it as bad as I did, but it is still not my friend!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only do my official weigh ins on my Wii Fit twice a week. I'll get on my regular bathroom scale a few times a week but it's so imprecise I don't really care what it says.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had typos too! I think that I need a nap! :)
  • for_a_mittengrl
    for_a_mittengrl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used to fear the scale and now I can't stay away either! haha funny how that happens! :)

I am trying very hard to hold out for a week!

best of luck (in avoiding the scale, if you want to) and on your healthy journey! :)
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I have no control when it comes to weighing myself. I tried to go 2 days without getting on the scale and I didn't make it even to the first day. It's so bad! I wish I could go a whole week without weighing myself. I sometimes get on the scale 2-3 times a day. :(
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Every morning, right before I shower, I hop on the scale! I KNOW I shouldn't do it every day.... but I HAVE to!

You are SO not alone!
  • ErinJ1981
    Options
    Yeah, it's tempting, but I look forward to seeing a larger number by doing it once a week.
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I've been like that since I've started and I'm trying to stop doing it because I've had so many fluctuation days and days where I'm the same...it's been bumming me out! So I'm trying to fight off the urge to hop on! Sometimes I feel like I've been giving up a food addiction, only to gain a scale addiction. =/ lol
  • Kimke30
    Options
    Im an addict too, but the fluctuation is killing my spirits too, so I am trying to hold out until Sunday to weight my self this week... I am so excited when it I lose every day but when it is the same or a gain by even an ounce I am freaking out hahahaha
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    Yes, I use the bathroom and weigh every morning!! I can't stop!! LOL!
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself everyday. Its discouraging for me, so I stick once a week or even every 2 weeks, so I can see GOOD results! But I do love my scale too :)

I have tried both, but I agree with you...weighing myself every week or twice of month is A LOT more effective for my mind than weighing myself every day. I need to see progress and when I don't I become very discouraged and give up altogether! So this has been my latest practice and I have seen good results and look forward to working harder leading up to my weigh in.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning and night! I just get so curious lol