Liquid ONLY Diet

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No...could never do it. I like solids too much.
  • kyegillies
    Options
    Hey know this post was started a while ago but I'm on a liquid only diet lost 5 pounds in 3 days. Is anyone on this diet and how long do you suggest staying on it for ?
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Quite a few people on this thread have deactivated their accounts. Hmmmm
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Its seems like you would gain it all back once you started eating...I mean you have to eventually start eating again so why not just moniter your calorie intake and do it the good ole tried and true way.
    I think the diet sounds nuts, but why would she gain it all back when she started eating?
    I saw this comment several times in this necroposted thread...but why?
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I suggest staying on it, oh about a nanosecond.

Seriously, eat less, move more. Make changes that you can sustain.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    1 word- Idiotic. You can not live on that kind of diet forever, so what is the point exactly, unless you are looking to lose and then gain the weight back.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Do you plan to consume liquid foods for the rest of your life?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    If it's calories in/calories out, would they need to?
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would just eat the fruits and vegetables, much better in the LLLOOOONNNNNNNGGGG run.
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think the juice fast is stellar for health benefits and you can lose weight but its only meant to be done for a temporary amount of time and then you have to learn how to eat properly to maintain that weight loss after the fast is over. I suggest you check out "Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead" Its a documentary about a man named Joe Cross who used juicing to lose weight and get healthy. I've done a juice fast and lost 7 lbs in a week. I felt great after but unfortunately returned to my bad eating habits soon after and gained it back within a month. You have to be focused and determined to make any diet work and then make healthy eating and exercise a habit when its over to keep it off. Keep working at it. I know I am. Good luck!
  • Branstin
    Options

It's not just about CICO but about meeting macros for good health and sustainability. How do you propose the OP meets his/her macros and have enough fuel to properly support his/her workout with liquids from fruits? Have many legit scientific studies have you come across to support long term success with liquid diets? Companies who sell that sh&t based their success on the hopes that some people don't have the common sense that GOD gave a turkey.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You will likely feel like hell given that you won't be consuming any fat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

It's not just about CICO but about meeting macros for good health and sustainability. How do you propose the OP meets his/her macros and have enough fuel to properly support his/her workout with liquids from fruits? Have many legit scientific studies have you come across to support long term success with liquid diets? Companies who sell that sh&t based their success on the hopes that some people don't have the common sense that GOD gave a turkey.
    I don't. I eat a nutrient dense diet. Im merely asking why someone would gain weight if they reintroduced food.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    You will likely feel like hell given that you won't be consuming any fat.
    BINGO
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Worst. Idea. Ever.
  • whyyesitsneke
    Options
    Doing it as a continuous diet can be detrimental.

I suggest talking to your doctor. Weight loss takes hard work and simply juicing has been proven to not work over long periods of time for the majority of people. :/
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Just for funsies, I'll often take food challenges people give me. A friend challenged me to a juice fast. I accepted. On day 3 I started to hallucinate from (I think) lack of fat. Added some ground up flax seeds to the juices for the rest of the day just to get thru it.

Couldn't even tell you how much weight I lost at the time, since the point wasn't weightloss but "I bet you can't do this." Won the bet. Would never recommend it to others.
  • Branstin
    Options

I don't. I eat a nutrient dense diet. Im merely asking why someone would gain weight if they reintroduced food.

It is because you can't learn accountability from a fruit juice diet. Sure, people will lose weight but what is the diet going to teach a person in terms of accountability and long term success? Most people will not learn any long term healthy habits when they reintroduce food so they will gain the weight back. They will be as clueless on the last day of the diet as they were on day one.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Egads.
  • MichaelDByers
    Options
    Horrible idea.