let's start a low carb group!

Options
Hi all, anyone interested in starting a low carb group? I'd love to get some insight...
Thanks!

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would definately be interested!! =)
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    have you heard of slow carb? there is a group on that. it's based on the 4 hour body book. basically you can eat as much as you want as long as it's not a "white" carb or a fruit. you can eat tons of veggies and legumes. i've lost 5 lbs in a week following this diet so far.
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in... its hard though trying to avoid carbs!!! ahh day 2 for me and according to the scale which i am sure was water weight i am 2 lbs down, no doubt, since i have tried this before as well as many other diets, this is what works for me... i just need more ideas of what to consume that is the best for LOW to no carbs!!
  • blewis1984
    blewis1984 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    have you heard of slow carb? there is a group on that. it's based on the 4 hour body book. basically you can eat as much as you want as long as it's not a "white" carb or a fruit. you can eat tons of veggies and legumes. i've lost 5 lbs in a week following this diet so far.

This is what I've been following for the past week. Lost 4lbs my first week.
  • jen_bersabal
    Options
    I have been following the Heller's Carbohydrate Addict's Diet and I am finding that after many attempts at hopping on the low carb band wagon, this is the best option for me. A typical day for me has 2 meals which are very low carb (net carbs not exceeding 20 for both meals) and the "reward Meal" can be whatever you want as long as long as it's balanced and it's consumed withing an hour. Definitely a satisfying way to eat...I have a real dessert every day and I'm steadily losing weight!
  • jen_bersabal
    Options
    Since I have gone low carb I found a wonderful store online: lindasdietdelites.com that has an amazing selection for low carbers. This site lets me have my bread and other goodies. Hope this is helpful!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Definitely.. I'm following a (very) modified version of the The 17 Day Diet. But some of the other posters suggestions sound like good options too.