great desserts

Options
I am looking for some yummy low calorie desserts. I love chocolate and I havent had any since Christmas. I need some great desserts chocolate or not, I don't care just something good.

Replies

• Momo84
    Momo84 Posts: 13
    Options
    I love smart ones chocolate eclairs!
  • JustForMe27
    Options
    There are some really delicious pumpkin cupcakes on here =) Try skinnytaste.com too they have some great looking stuff on there that I can't wait to try.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended to me...I just tried them yesterday and today...the yoplait whips, they have chocolate, key lime, etc and I froze one so it's like chocolate ice cream. It's delicious!!
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like Quaker Chocolate Rice Cakes. I top them with a little peanut butter, sugar free jelly, or low fat Cool Whip. I recently found an organic chocolate peanut butter at my local Kroger & Walmart stores. They have a dark chocolate and white chocolate variety that's really good. Another thing I keep on hand is Jello sugar free pudding mix. I make it with skim milk and top with a little low fat Cool Whip. Sometimes, I sprinkle a teaspoon of mini dark chocolate chips or crumbled graham cracker crust on the top. Edy's Slow Churned ice cream is fairly low in calories, too. There are also some good ice cream bars out there by Skinny Cow and Weight Watchers. My roommate makes a diet soda cake that's really good. We leave off the icing and top it with Cool Whip. If you Google it, you should find it. Another website that has good ideas is "Hungry Girl." Again, Google it to find the exact site. She has a lot of good ideas for all types of meals that are low calorie. Her books are in the bookstore but she has an email newsletter you can sign up for on her website, too. Hope this helps. Best wishes on your weight loss journey! :bigsmile:
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Jello instant puddings are only 70 calories for 1/2 a cup. My favorite is butterscotch. If I'm feeling saucy I even add some whipped cream =)
  • Fitnurse27
    Fitnurse27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free chocolate pudding cups with fat free Redi-whip on top. It's around 70 calories, or sugar free jello with fat free Redi-whip. That's only like 20 calories. The Redi-whip makes it feel like a real treat. :smile:
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    There are some really delicious pumpkin cupcakes on here =) Try skinnytaste.com too they have some great looking stuff on there that I can't wait to try.

WOW...just checked out the skinntytaste.com...I'm in love! Thank you for sharing that!!
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate and I'm always looking for a yummy dessert that low calories. Heres a few to try.

Chocolate Banana Parfaits

6 servings
    76 calories per serving

1 1.4 oz. package sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix
    1 c Cool Whip, thawed
    1 large banana, thinly sliced
    1 T sliced almonds

Prepare pudding according to package instructions using skim milk and refrigerate until set. Divide half of the pudding between 6 parfait glasses or goblets. Use half the cool whip to make a thin layer atop the pudding in each glass. Top with a few banana slices and repeat the three layers. Sprinkle with almonds, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

White Chocolate Trail Mix

24 servings
    80 calories per serving

10 c popped popcorn
    1 c mini marshmallows
    ½ c dry roasted peanuts
    ½ c dried cranberries
    6 squares Baker’s white chocolate, melted

Combine all ingredients except chocolate and toss. Add chocolate and mix well. Spread onto a baking sheet and refrigerate 10 minutes or until coating is firm.

Cappuccino Pops

6 servings
    61 calories per serving

2 c chocolate fat free ice cream, softened
    1 T instant coffee
    1 c cool whip, thawed
    6 dixie cups and 6 sticks (or 6 ice pop molds)

Combine ice cream and 2 t coffee. Mix cool whip and 1 t coffee. Spoon ice cream mix into cups and then top with the cool whip mix. Cover cups with foil and push in the sticks. Freeze 4 hours or more. Peel cups from pops to serve.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
    48 servings
    89 calories per serving

1 ½ c whole wheat flour
    1 t baking soda
    1 t salt
    2 c quick oats
    1 c light butter
    ½ c Splenda brown sugar blend
    1 c Splenda
    ½ c Egg Beaters
    1 ½ t vanilla
    1 c chocolate chips

Blend butter and sugars until they are creamy. Add egg and vanilla and blend. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. Then by hand, stir in the oats and the chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets and bake 10-12 minutes. Makes 48 cookies.

Chocolate Chip Clouds
    Servings: 30 • Serving Size: 1 cookie • Calories: 53.7 • Fat: 2.2 g • Carb: 8.4 g • Fiber: 1.7 g • Protein: 1.1 g

9 tbsp egg whites (room temperature)
    1/8 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 cup chocolate chips
    Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with silpat or nonstick silicone pad.

Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.

Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes 30 cookies.

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature
  • mmorg0924
    Options
    Try chocolate mouse cups by jello with a little bit of Free whipped topping. It is approx only 75 cal per serving and it curves that chocolate craving!!! I love it I resist my husbands ding dongs and have one of those. It almost tastes like chocolate pie filling!!!
  • kimel
    kimel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is always a hit...

Death by Chocolate
    Makes 24 1/2 cup servings

1 package low fat brownie mix (prepared)
    3 packages Light Chocolate mousse mix (I use Oetker), Prepared
    3 Skor bars (crushed)
    1 container Cool Whip lite

Prepare brownies as per package directions, when cool crumble.
    Prepare mousse as per package directions.
    In a large glass bowl, such as a punch bowl or something you would use for a
    trifle layer the ingredients as follows.

* 1/3 of the brownies
    * 1/3 of the mousse mix
    * 1/3 of the skor bar
    * 1/3 of the cool whip

Repeat this 3 times.

This is great to take to a large get together it serves about 24 people