Anyone doing Alli and losing weight?

Options
New and started the 1/12...but found this site MFP site and love it. Wanted to know if anyone using Alli with success? Goodluck to all...down 3 pounds since starting.

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I used it for about 2 weeks back in the fall. I stuck to the diet and didn't have the issues they say you'll have if you don't. I lost 7lbs in a week but it was hard to stick to that diet I felt hungry all the time. Also I got sick which I don't get sick often and I thought it might be because it strips the nutrients from your vitamins so I stopped it. I find that using the tools on this site is much better and it will keep the weight off because you learn how to live this way not just put a band-aid on it. I do however use a supplement Dr. Oz promotes to lose weight but it's all natural.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I used alli for several months back in 2008...i didn't really lose much weight and even though I do not eat very much fat at all i had all the side effects. I did not think it was worth it at all. Good old calorie counting and exercising is the way to go.
  • bc23
    bc23 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the info...are you using Irvingia?
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I tried it last year. DIdnt see much of a difference. I stuck to the diet but experienced the oily side effects and stopped using it.
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used it and lost a lot of weight. He got healthier and decided to go off of it. Now he's gained about half of it back. Weight loss is much more effective, and long-term if you make a few simple lifestyle changes, which can be learned on this site.