Water

kmill81385
kmill81385 Posts: 48
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
A quick question on water consumption during the day. Does anyone else count tea or other beverages into their water count? I feel like I am always so full of liquid, but I am finding it harder to meet the 8 cup quota everyday.

Replies

• mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    I don't drink tea but I count Crystal Lite and it seems to me that would be the same.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    I count hot tea for my water consumption, also, I have an office job and find it easier to drink enough water when I add flavor to my water like the crystal light packets or a new vitamin flavor water called Totallylight Go2 they have them everwhere including wal mart, cvs, walgreens ect. I drink about 60oz of water a day and sometimes more when I go to the gym! the packets really help! good luck!
  • My dietician told me anything without caffeine or sugar. So the sugar free water shake up packets are OK and still count as water :) Tea will count, but only decaffinated. Make sense?
  • amm u have to drink ur 8 cups of water at day alwwayyyssss.... apart is the others teas.. sodas etc... u dont have to change the water for other =)
  • So no sugar in the tea, then? What did your dietician say about Splenda?
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    I count any drink that is made with water - tea, coffee, squash. etc ...
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    I know some people count water in all sorts of things, even gelatine, but I don´t count anything that´s not pure and solely water. I also told myself not to have tea if I couldn´t have my eight glasses of water a day. So now I have tea, and I also make sure I get my eight glasses of water. Caffeine dehydrates you.
    I feel better when I get all pure eight glasses of water. It feels hard at first, but once your body gets used to it, it almost is capable of having more!
    If you have a way to really keep track and not forget what you drank, then it becomes easy. The hardest part is focusing and not getting your glasses mixed up (How many glasses did I already have? 3 or 5?)
    Oh and I don´t have sugar in my tea. I have a sweet tooth and I´m chocoholic, but I managed to learn to cut that out. That way I can have the warm soothingness of the tea without any calories!
  • From my understanding, Jenhudgins is right. Water is counted in all fluid consumption that does NOT contain caffeine or sugars. If you're using a sugar free sweetner in a decaf tea, it counts toward your water consumption. Obviously Sodas, caffinated beverages, etc, don't count because all of those things work against your water to dehydrate your body. But sugar-free flavor packets are totally ok.
This discussion has been closed.