What "equipment" do you wish your gym had?

Options
Warchortle
Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
I've seen some neat things like a gym that has a video loop pointed at the deadlift platforms and power racks, so people can finish their lift and then form check on the monitors they have.

My campus gym is pretty barebones and only the varsity athletes get to use the Olympic weightlifting equipment.

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a pool. But I am fixing that issue when I switch gyms next month
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    a decent pec-dec/reverse fly machine. And one of those old school lat pushdown machines you sit in and place your elbows on the pads, best isolation ever.
  • Warchortle
    Options
    We have those really bad ergo-cable machines... I rather have regular plate loaded isolation machines.
  • Medicine Balls or Swiss Balls or Kettlebells
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    sauna or steam room
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    pull up bar and dip bar.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Why is the word equipment in quotes? As you looking for answers like dancer poles with strippers?
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Why is the word equipment in quotes? As you looking for answers like dancer poles with strippers?

Probie, WHY do you have to be the first one to go "there"? You are just like everyone says you are. All the time. Aren't you? Can you EVER not be a pervert?
  • jnichel
    Options

Probie, WHY do you have to be the first one to go "there"? You are just like everyone says you are. All the time. Aren't you? Can you EVER not be a pervert?

I was born this way.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

I was born this way.

You were not, liar.
  • jnichel
    Options

I was born this way.

You were not, liar.

Then I blame video games.
  • Warchortle
    Options
    because equipment implies direct use. I would not consider extra mirrors equipment.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    - a heavy bag and a speed bag. i have suggested it multiple times because there are multiple squash rooms so there's usually 1 or 2 that are never is use even when it's very crowded, so having one room designated with a heavy bag or 2 and some speed bags would be great.

- a few more heavier kettlebells. we just recently got a 45 pound one (YAY) but i'd also like to see 50, 55 and 60 pound KBs

- i would there to be rubber weights and platforms, but that's not where the bread and butter is of the gym. there's quite a few older people who work out in my gym and they even complain about the noise from people accidentally letting a weight fall
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    A cardio rowing machine would be nice.
  • Warchortle
    Options
    - a heavy bag and a speed bag. i have suggested it multiple times because there are multiple squash rooms so there's usually 1 or 2 that are never is use even when it's very crowded, so having one room designated with a heavy bag or 2 and some speed bags would be great.

- a few more heavier kettlebells. we just recently got a 45 pound one (YAY) but i'd also like to see 50, 55 and 60 pound KBs

- i would there to be rubber weights and platforms, but that's not where the bread and butter is of the gym. there's quite a few older people who work out in my gym and they even complain about the noise from people accidentally letting a weight fall
    Yea, I've noticed only bigger commercial gyms have heavy bags / boxing equipment. I've noticed the gym equipment I'd want now "is coming NEXT year."
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Current gym has everything I could possibly want. Ok, it could have a campus board I suppose but I doubt any normal gyms would have that. And maybe some weighted staffs and swords?
  • UncreativeMe123
    UncreativeMe123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Assisted pull up machine...I know I can do lat pull downs, but I like the more realistic simulation of movement that the pull up machine offers. Even better if you can do triceps dips on it.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Decline bench press.

Some type of bicep machine that you can do negatives on.

Does a steam room and hot tub count as equipment?
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    More free weights....ours is machine heavy.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Realistically:
    Bumper plates

Less realistically:
    Tennis court
    Pool
    Sauna/Hottub