Ready for some changes - looking for others?

Options
Hi all,
I've been using the app for awhile (on and off) and this is the first time I've ventured into the forum. I'm starting to realize that having support from others is key to this weight loss journey.
I'm turning 35 in the fall, I'm married, have one child (age 3) and I've been carrying around an extra 60lbs since my father passed away in 2008 (can we say emotional eater??!)
I am ashamed to admit how much money I have spent on insane weight loss products and realize that it's a lifestyle change that I need to make.
So if you're interested in adding me as a friend, I welcome it :) I will happily support you on your journey too.
I appreciate humour and even smart *kitten* / sass when it comes from a positive place to motivate.
Thanks for reading (you have no idea how intimidated I have been about posting in here)

Replies

• momtoaz
    momtoaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating yeah I know this well. I too have been off and on using MFP. I can no longer just sit by and say tomorrow. I need to get up and just do it.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Way to step out of your comfort zone! You can do this! I would love to cheer you on. Add me if you like.
  • mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just want to encourage you, by taking that first step to get online and do this you are now part of a community that will hopefully enspire and motivate when needed.

You'll do just fine, sorry about your dad. I hope this new page you have turned will help you let go comfort habbits and embrace a more healthier lifestyle...I will be right there with with you.

No one gets left behind.
  • jferg70
    jferg70 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm the consummate smart-*kitten*, but also love to motivate people as I'm very passionate about this lifestyle. I post and log daily. Feel free to add if you wish.
  • RollTideLisa
    Options
    I also am an emotional eater which is why I am in my own boat. My own father passed away in 2009, and I have been gaining ever since. I wish you all the best, and as I like to say "you got this!!!
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a year-long hiatus, too. Feel free to add me!
  • kpbp2007
    kpbp2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and it sounds like we're in the same boat… This is my first time to the forums as well so I'm hopeful it can give me the extra boost. Good luck… we can do this!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm a big time emotional eater.
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. :)