where, oh where have my calories gone?

Options
Where can I find an inexpensive but effective heart monitor to count my calories burned when I go to the gym? I live in south Florida, Broward County to be exact.

Replies

• bethann1976
    Options
    I'm in Tampa. I bought the New Balance one at Target w/ a chest strap, $60.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Online, I find them cheapest at overstock.com and amazon.com. Polar brands are the most accurate. However, what is really important is that it has a chest strap.
  • fatBgone80
    Options
    what is the chest strap for?
    you can tell Im new at this :ohwell:
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    what is the chest strap for?
    you can tell Im new at this :ohwell:

The chest strap to is to continously monitor your heart rate while you workout. If you get one that doesn't have one it only checks your HR when you push a button, so it doesn't see all the fluctuations your body might go through during a workout. You wear it around where the bottom of your sports bra goes and the one I have is really comfortable. It has a transmitter on the strap to send the information wirelessly to your watch so you can monitor your progress as you go along.
  • fatBgone80
    Options
    ooooh. ok. that makes sense. txs for the help :happy:
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    ooooh. ok. that makes sense. txs for the help :happy:

No problem. Enjoy.
  • danaaaaa
    Options
    omg same here. i need one too. and im in the same area. :frown:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Online, I find them cheapest at overstock.com and amazon.com. Polar brands are the most accurate. However, what is really important is that it has a chest strap.

correct on all counts!
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This is the one I got - for $43, free shipping.

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/oregon-se188.html

There are many more on there. I'm new to the HRM thing, too. I just knew I needed a cheap one with a chest strap. lol