Hey ya'll! I'm new and I'm nervous lol

Options
BettJo64
BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
Trying my best to figure out this low to no carb/ high protein diet my doc has put me on. But it's so hard to find the right foods to eat. My goal is to keep my carbs as close to or below 20g a day as possible...doc's orders. So any helpful hints out there???

Replies

• mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Whoah that is super low carb!

Some low carb snacks I tend to reach for are cheese, nuts, hard boiled eggs....chicken and turkey are delicious and high in protein, low in carbs.

Good luck!
  • BettJo64
    Options
    thanks :smile: a few of those are already part of my every day now.
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    You're stepping on your scale wrong.
  • BettJo64
    Options
    hmmmm didn't know there was a particular way to do that lol
  • GallifreyanGirl396
    GallifreyanGirl396 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hmmmm didn't know there was a particular way to do that lol

Me either
  • dogluvr_2014
    dogluvr_2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!... that is really low. Good luck on that one. :smile:
  • BettJo64
    Options
    thank you :smile: I'm usually a big veggie eater, but I'm finding that there can be lots of carbs in veggies :ohwell: so meats and cheeses are my main staple now. But I do have a hard time keeping meats down. I feel hungry again 15mins later because essentially I didn't even really get to eat that lol I just want to learn some recipes that are low carb that may be able to stay down and benefit me. My doc says my body is operating more in starvation mode with my metabolism extremely slow. I'm trying to jump start it again by purposefully eating 3 meals a day once again.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Why is your doctor putting you on a low carb diet? The only reason I can think of is pre-diabetes or T 2 diabetes. If that's not your situation, and your doc is telling you to lose weight, then it's simply calories in versus calories out.
  • BettJo64
    Options
    actually no diabetes here, thank goodness! I'm already a low cal eater by nature now...300-600 daily on average. So calories are not my issue. It's carbs that are my biggest problems.