Searching for answers

Options
I am in a bad place, I am in a I don't care anymore place. I hate being in this place but I am so tired battling my weight, have been doing it for 30 years. Again this weekend, I only cheated with a chocolate bar (160cal) and a pizza supper, only two pieces, and I gained 5 pounds. What the hell... I worked with my husband installing our funace ducts so no time to cheat in between meals.. I just don't understand and I just can't take the yoyo effect anymore.. Will keep trying but my motivation is all gone... HELP... I am even in a point that I don't care if I lose 10 years of my life because of my weight, I have no kids, and I don't want to grow old anyways.... as you can see I am very depressed. So sorry , hope my attitude will change soon... LUCIE in need of answers and support friends....!!!

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch ... we all go through these things. Ups and downs happen. You can do this ... you did it before and you can do it again. Screw the scale ... you're eating better and getting exercise. I'm sure you'll get a lot of inspiration and motovation from all kinds of MFP people who have been exactly where you are right now. My thoughts are with you my friend. Join in with a group or two. I couldn't do this without the help from all the friends I got here through this site.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Most likely water retention from the sodium in the pizza, don't worry it is not fat, you would have to eat 17,500 more calories than you burn in order to gain 5 pounds.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    First you got it out of your system of ventin' :) ... I'm also at a stand still...Perhaps its 'time of the month' weight...I chalkin' it up for myself...Yes, your allowed to get yourself down and have bad times, we all do. We'd be lyin' if losin' weight was a walk in the park...Keep your head up, make a note of what type of pizza you had - the crust, meat & cheese could have been the factor...Drink some water to flush out the nastys...or try hot green tea after a meal. My coach swears by this....Don't give up...today's another day to look forward into eatin' and drinkin' water...Keep smilin' - you're a beautiful wonderful person xo
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You likely didn't gain 5 pounds . . . the water weight from eating something like pizza is probably 1/2 of that.

I went out on the weekend and had 2 light beers and a salad that was bigger than I would typically have and was up by 2.5 pounds by Monday morning.

Unfortunately when you have been overweight for some time you have to be twice as dedicated to take and keep it off. It will require your commitment on a daily basis to exercise and to not eat things like pizza or chocolate bars.

Try to be super dedicated for 3 weeks . . . it is proven that it takes 21 days for a habit to form. You will be amazed at how much you can see in results in 3 weeks if you maintain a healthy food plan and get in some activity.

Keep your chin up. We all go through low and high moods in this journey.
  • kethler25
    Options
    Just like erickirb said it is probably water retention. The more sodium you have the more water you are going to store. A good example would be if you go out for Chinese food and usually and hour later finger are swollen, socks are tight, Its the sodium. Stay positive, you have a wonderful online community to help you through it !
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Its quite likely that your 5lbs gain is water from the high sodium pizza. You have to remember that this isn't about the day to day its about changing your life forever. Its not about this weekend or yesterday or tomorrow. its not a bout next weekend when you have that date night and you know your going to cheat. Its about living your life in a healthier way, today tomorrow, and forever.

Those days don't count. Forget about them. They don't count because in the big picture that one day is insignificant.

Stay committed and consistent and Live your life. Stop restricting yourself so badly that you cant begin to imagine living this way for the next 30 years

Cheer up and stay focused
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's intense. I think you need to work on your inner dialog a bit. It was hard to read your post and I'm sure you feel worse than you could actually wrote. Geez! Umm, I would think you should start with some quiet time. If your a Christian it would be devotions. Start focusing on the gifts in your life. The things that keep you going, the things that encourage you. Everyone has something wonderful in their life. You need to think about it really hard. Then, it's time to dust yourself off. "A wise man falls seven times but rises up eight." Find something that is fun and gets you moving, and start eating clean (avoid as much processed stuff as you can). And just forget the rest really. You don't want what you eat to consume your life, which is what it sounds like. Just like an anorexic is always thinking about what and how much they eat, it happens to us heavier folks too. But, LIFE is not about food. It's about living. I don't know if you love your job, or what it is that you do love. But, it's time to really get up and live a bit. Eating the hurt and boredom away isn't living. And no, two pieces of pizza and chocolate shouldn't wreck your life. But, sometimes you will have to say no so that you can say yes at another time. :flowerforyou:
  • LucieBear
    LucieBear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I wish to thank you all for your kind words.... I filled in my diary and I got on my eleptical last night for 20 minutes burned 200 calories.. so thank you. I will now reach out to my MFP for support.