I need motivation from y'all!

Options
I'm almost 19 and currently at my heaviest, 275lbs. I lost my mom when I was 14 and my weight spiraled out of control. I need to lose over 100lbs and I'm determined to do so. I'm starting college in the fall and I'll be moving hours away from home. So, I'm coming to y'all for support!

My doctor prescribed me Phentermine and told me to stick to a 1,800 calorie diet. Today is my first day and I'm going strong.

Please feel free to add me! I need all the friends I can get. Just seeing others lose weight is a huge motivation for me! I'd love to follow your weight loss journeys as well as my own.

Good luck!

Replies

• kiera2493
    kiera2493 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! Everyone feel free to add me as well. Support is a big help. Good luck :)
  • UnleashedPowerK
    UnleashedPowerK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We are here for you. Write your goals and read it everyday. This will help you get focused on your weight loss journey. Also, plan your food ahead and don't miss logging your food in myfitnesspal. It tremendously helped me. I am still on my journey and might be only here for the rest of my lifetime as I plan to have a lifestyle change. :smile:
  • Ava9710
    Ava9710 Posts: 2
    Options
    I can totally relate to your story. I also just started the same medication, I'm 2 weeks into it  so far so good. Let's hope this stuff works.
  • I came from work starving
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am in college as well! I have recently changed my lifestyle and am going to try and stay as healthy as I can in college this year and not gain any weight. Feel free to add me! I can try and help you with tips at college as well
  • karenken44
    Options
    I hear you!
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym three times a week. Start off with the elliptical, at about a 6 resistance level, for 30 mins. Try to aim for 400 cals or more burn. Enter your true weight into the machine so you can get a more accurate reading for calories burned. Do that for 2 weeks and then up your resistance and elliptical time by 5 mins. This is how I got the ball rolling and I cut 55lbs in 7 months my first year.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    We can inspire, but motivation will come from within. :wink:

But here are some good threads to check out for inspiration/motivation:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration (and all of it's continuations)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1366368-women-lifting-heavy-and-being-bulky

And a good help to getting started on all of this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants
  • desibaby141
    Options
    Hey I am here for you!! I was going through the same thing I was 189 5 ft 1in I am now 155 and still going with my goal!! Have you ever tried herbalife? That's what I've been doing and it's awesome it's not a diet it's a lifestyle and you can make money while doing it.i hope you reach your goals and everything work out believe in yourself you got this!!!