I ate 3,002 calories today.

Options
How much did I mess myself up? Am I going to gain weight? Feel free to look at my food and exercise diary to get a better assessment.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's probably no more than 1000 above maintenance, if that. You need 3500 above maintenace to gain a pound of fat, or so I'm told. I wouldn't be worried about it, track it and move on.

EDIT: just actually loooked - you earned a crapload of exercise calories, and never even went into the red. You'll be fine.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    First off, don't beat yourself up. One slip up day won't break you. Everyone overindulges at some point or another.

So long as you're mindful of the rest of the week and it doesn't turn into a pattern, you should be ok.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I didn't look but it's one day. Just don't weigh yourself for a week or so, as you might get water retention but I'm pretty sure you'll be okay. I've done the same and still do on the occasion. Life happens.

Deep breath. Move on. :D
  • michikade
    Options
    Wait...

Considering how much you exercised, it's kind of a wash assuming the calories burned are close.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Considering you routinely eat less than 1100 calories but burn 2k, I think you should always eat more
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    You were under-calorie and under-protein pretty much the whole week last week. Don't sweat it.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You're logging less than 1,000 calories most days, and posting 2,000+ exercise burns.

Where are you getting the exercise numbers? They seem really high.

Considering that your under eating most days, I wouldn't worry about the 3,000 calories today. Maybe set a more reasonable calorie deficit so this doesn't happen as often in the future.
  • Alicetime17
    Alicetime17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Something you might want to consider is setting aside as cheat day. That day you can each what you want by then get back on your plan. That works for me.
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Were you testing us all?
    I just viewed your diary and noticed how well you have done and I'm convinced that you know the answer to your question better than any of us. So congratulations on nearly reaching your target weight, Keep up the good work, and I hope everyone passed the test lol.:laugh:
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You're logging less than 1,000 calories most days, and posting 2,000+ exercise burns.

Where are you getting the exercise numbers? They seem really high.

Considering that your under eating most days, I wouldn't worry about the 3,000 calories today. Maybe set a more reasonable calorie deficit so this doesn't happen as often in the future.

I get the exercise numbers from MFP. I don't know how accurate those numbers are but I do work out a lot.
  • cookieinbk82
    Options
    Were you testing us all?
    I just viewed your diary and noticed how well you have done and I'm convinced that you know the answer to your question better than any of us. So congratulations on nearly reaching your target weight, Keep up the good work, and I hope everyone passed the test lol.:laugh:

I changed my kind about my target weight. I want to lose 20 pounds and the old way of losing the weight hasn't been working as we'll for me.
  • snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good heavens, what are you doing for exercise? I've gone road biking for 6+ hours before, and haven't burned nearly as many calories as you do every day.

Without knowing more about you, it's hard to answer your question in a helpful way. If you're really burning 2000+ calories every day with exercise, then even eating 3000 calories is incredibly low compared to what you probably need to get healthy.
  • cookieinbk82
    Options
    Were you testing us all?

I changed my mind about my target weight. I want to lose 20 pounds and the way I used to lose the weight hasn't been working as fast for me as it did in the past.
  • cookieinbk82
    Options
    Good heavens, what are you doing for exercise? I've gone road biking for 6+ hours before, and haven't burned nearly as many calories as you do every day.

Without knowing more about you, it's hard to answer your question in a helpful way. If you're really burning 2000+ calories every day with exercise, then even eating 3000 calories is incredibly low compared to what you probably need to get healthy.

I'm not sure if I'm really burning that much calories. I workout on the arc cybex for 2 hours. Then I walk 6 miles. I don't know if the calorie numbers are accurate. What would be a more accurate way of calculating the calories?
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So 13,000 calories burned a week from exercise is insane. And you did a lot today almost 4 hours I would cut back why do you need 4 hours of exercise a day?
  • cookieinbk82
    Options
    So 13,000 calories burned a week from exercise is insane. And you did a lot today almost 4 hours I would cut back why do you need 4 hours of exercise a day?

I'm trying to lose a lot of weight quickly. I know that might not be recommended but that's my goal.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I do that every day :) It's nice.
  • michikade
    Options

I'm not sure if I'm really burning that much calories. I workout on the arc cybex for 2 hours. Then I walk 6 miles. I don't know if the calorie numbers are accurate. What would be a more accurate way of calculating the calories?

The most accurate way to get exercise calories correct is with a heart rate monitor. I think MFP overestimates by a good deal on cardio.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    You're still 244 calories below target, which is probably enough to compensate for MFP's optimistic exercise calorie estimates. Don't worry.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    No one else curious about 980 Quick Added calories? No? Just me? *shrugs*

Dat's cool.