Looking for short term goal ideas

Options
I origanlly had my first short term goal of losing 10% of my weight but it doesn't see short term right now. lol Any ideas?:smile:

Replies

• Jimsmith109
    Jimsmith109 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is such a thing as short term.
    Weight loss and management is a constant in my opinion if you set a goal and achieve it and think that means you can return to life as you once lived it before you will live as you did before and lose your achievement.
    Unfortunately I am a testament to what I have just told you. I have achieved my weight loss twice and went back to life as usual and guess what here I am again for the third time around only this time I am making a life change there is no end only adjustments.
    I hope this helps you or I hope I read your question and answered correctly if not my apologies.
    Jim
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you for you input. I was thinking of little encouraging mile stones on my journey. I too have lost it once and gained it back that is why I though I'd make the journey enjoyable.
  • futuregypsy
    Options
    I like to set a reward for myself every 10 lbs. Sometimes it is going to eat at a new restaurant, sometimes its buying a new top. It still takes awhile to get there but it helps me to have smaller goals I know that I can reach quicker.
  • amunet07
    Options
  • tlicttbh
    tlicttbh Posts: 89
    Options
    Here are some of my short term goals for the next month:
    Learn to do the TRX suspension exercises and develop a routine for myself.
    Learn to use the foam roller.

Here is a long term goal:
    Exercise 3X/week.
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do every 10 pounds lost for rewards. Nothing major, just little things like a CD, movie, video game, etc. When I get to major milestones, like 25, I'll do something a little nicer. This was when I lost 80 pounds a couple years ago. It helps motivate you... or at least it did for me lol
  • amunet07
    Options
    thank you. I guess I meant short term achievements & subsequent awards. 10 lbs, ?... &/or first time I notice or someone else notices i've lost weight, pants fit looser, I don't something like these
  • amunet07
    Options
    15 lbs coming up tomorrow... what should I do for a reward??? :)