so DIZZY

Options
Hi. Recently after every workout when I'm doing my cooldown stretches I get so dizzy and almost faint. I get the spins, lose balance and I have trouble seeing. I am not morbidly obese nor am I fit. I do drink a lot of water during the day. Last month I got my blood glucose tested so I know there's nothing off in those regards. Anybody have any idea what it could be?

Replies

• JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough before workouts? I eating a few hours before.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    ^^ eat a little more before workouts, something with good carbs like oatmeal, make sure you are staying hydrated, and make sure you are getting enough sodium in your diet. Hypotension is no joke.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary would be a good step in getting more informed advice. The only times I've had this in the past was when I was eating far too few calories for the amount of exercise I was doing.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary would be a good step in getting more informed advice. The only times I've had this in the past was when I was eating far too few calories for the amount of exercise I was doing.

^^ yep agree with this
  • hArL3yxQu1nN
    Options
    opened diary w pass HC1993
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. You may well be eating too little for how much exercise you do. I'm sure lots of folks could help you with figuring out what the numbers should be.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If your glucose & insulin are fine, it may be your blood pressure. Exercise can cause blood pressure changes (whether high or low; depends a lot on where your natural blood pressure sits), and during cooldown, your body is trying to regulate back to its norm. Those changes may be making you dizzy.

Edit: Hydration is crucial though, even for blood pressure. Make sure you are drinking enough to offset your sweat losses.