How often do you "weigh in"

Options
I am only documenting every week, but I find myself getting on the scales every morning and stressing about not dropping or going up a pound or two. I know I know, don't be a slave to the scale. Maybe that will be easier in six months when I am a lot further down this road.

Does anyone weigh further apart? Like not step on a scale for two weeks or even a month? I have seriously thought about not touching it for two weeks, putting it in my daughters room (she's a teen so it's doubtful I could find it in there LOL) and doing what I know is right and reweighing in that time frame.

Thoughts?

Replies

• BlueEyedTwin333
    Options
    The best thing to do is weigh yourself once a week at the same time... don't do it one week in the morning and one week at night. The weigh will be inconsistant because of everything you ate or how long you worked out that day. The best time to do it is right when you wake up... after a good go at the bathroom haha. Hope this helped :)
  • ndetlefsen
    ndetlefsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also jump on the scale every day. It helps me so that I can really keep track of my progress - and if I weigh in on one of those crazy up days I am not too devastated, because i know it was a fluke.

Good luck!!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily..multiple times..lol. I weigh once in the morning on my Wii as soon as I wake up, after the bathroom and before I have anything to eat or drink and I wear the exact same thing. Through the day I jump on the bathroom scale.

For me I use it as motivation. If I gain then I focus on drinking more water and really look at my diet/exercise. If I see a loss then I of course am happy and keep truckin! If it doesn't move then I just wait unitl the next day. I actually only record the losses and no matter what if it is a gain or loss I record Saturday.
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have to get on the scale every morning.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am the same way about the scale. I use to get on once a week, but I would find myself on about every 2-3 days and it was getting really frustrating to see the scale go up. Even if I set a weigh in for every two weeks, I was still on it more often.

Now I've decided to weigh once a month, so that I will hopefully see a lot larger numbers and help keep myself motivated. My last weigh in was on the 12th of this month, so I won't weigh again until February 12th. =)
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but think I'm going to change that. I am beginning to think that once a week is the way to go.
    This way I can see more progress and hopefully be surprised after a weeks worth of eating right. Good Luck!:happy:
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but think I'm going to change that. I am beginning to think that once a week is the way to go.
    This way I can see more progress and hopefully be surprised after a weeks worth of eating right. Good Luck!:happy:
  • ToadallyHIS
    Options
    I only document once a week as well, but I get on two or three times a week. For me it keeps me accountable and lets me know if i need to be more closely examining what I'm doing. I don't let it drive me anymore and i do NOT get on every day anymore. I had to get to the place that it was about accountabliltity and not letting the number on the scale determine who i was.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    My weigh in day is every Saturday morning:flowerforyou:
  • akalei
    akalei Posts: 34
    Options
    I weigh once a week. And I do my measurements bi weekly.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I weight every month. look if your weighing to soon you are hoping for too much and seeing little results and then might mess up your new lifestyle, plus if its monthly your working out longer and eating better longer. I rather see 6-8lbs lost in a month than .02, .06, .08 or 1 a day or week.... remember you can only lose 2lbs of fat a week, anymore is just water...and who wants that?
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I am only documenting every week, but I find myself getting on the scales every morning and stressing about not dropping or going up a pound or two. I know I know, don't be a slave to the scale. Maybe that will be easier in six months when I am a lot further down this road.

If you do find yourself constantly weighing in one answer is hiding the scale- but the one I've found really worthwhile is to go with it a bit- Here's how to go with the flow

If you do weigh more than once a week- DON'T compare the # to the previous weight you were. Choose the days you will weigh in ahead of time- I weigh in MWF nights right after work before dinner and my official weigh in (which I log) is Saturday mornings. MWF nights- I record these numbers and keep them for 4-6 week. I compare my monday night weight with the previous monday, Wed to my wed, Friday to my friday:

M W F S
    Wk1 # # # #
    Wk2 # # # #
    Wk3 # # # #

This way you can see the overall downward trend, and have an expectation for the official weigh in. Just the way it works for me. Good luck!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    1-2 days a week. Mon after the weekend and Friday before the weekend
  • GayleyB12
    GayleyB12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pick a weigh in day and stick to it. Mines wednesday morning. Don't torment yourself with multiple weigh ins. My weight fluctuates a lot on certain weeks and I would probably find it really discouraging if I had gained the odd half pound a couple of days on the trot. I realise its what works best for you though. Find what that is and stick to it. Good Luck. You can do this. :))
  • Tonya84
    Tonya84 Posts: 18
    Options
    I was weighting once a week and on Mondays but I changed it to Tuesdays morning that way I have at least one day to workout before weight in.... Since sometimes I have a cheat meal on Saturday =)
  • kmjmom2
    Options
    I really try to stick to doing once a week, always in the morning on the same day. I think if you do it every day (which I have done and do get tempted) it just stresses you out. Just focus on eating right and exercising throughout your week and you'll see the reward the following week. You're not going to see anything accurate day to day.
    (I've thought of having someone hide it until Tuesdays, so I don't get tempted)
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, Saturday mornings to be precise. I do that because my friends like to party and it keeps me in control because I know when I wake up Saturday I have to face the scale, and want to wake up excited. However I also look at myself in the mirror after weighing in and check to see if I have any changes I can notice :)

Although if it's been a great workout week and I feel I really kicked major butt, I'll jump on the scale a bit sooner to get a sneak peek.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My scale is a diva! Since I'm doing weight/resistance training plus cardio (P90X Lean), I don't even weigh myself weekly. I actually do it once a month before my cycle. Plus, I measure myself monthly and I see more results there than I do on the scale.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning before my shower.
    Keeps me accountable. Did the never weigh in
    and that was a mistake because here I am
    on this site trying to lose weight.
    I can catch it if my weight decides to escalate and
    make some changes before it gets out hand.
    :bigsmile:
  • fattydarren
    Options
    I weigh everyday at the same time, and log everyday.

Makes for a good weight graph, and i can see any fluctuations.... But overall its going down at a nice rate...

It motivates me a lot, and i really look forward to it!!! Its exciting