A Plug for the MFP+Fitbit combo

Options
At the beginning of July I committed to getting my 10k steps a day using my Fitbit to track and to tracking every bite with MFP. I also committed to weighing myself ONLY once every 30 days. I made a spreadsheet (I'm like that) that used data from the Fitbit dashboard to calculate my daily/weekly/monthly calorie deficit. According to my spreadsheet, after my first 30 days I had a calorie deficit of 22,125 calories. I divided that number by 3500 (number of calories in a pound) to get a "projected" weight loss of 6.3 pounds for the month. At my 30 day weigh in my scale showed a loss of 6.8 pounds. I am very impressed at how accurate the data given by both MFP and Fitbit seems to have been. On to month 2!

Replies

• KerryPozzi
    KerryPozzi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed with your record keeping skills. Good for you that you did such an awesome job! Imagine what another month will be like and the momentum will keep going. Way to go!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia does the spreadsheet for you, and I was also surprised at the accuracy. Of course, that depends largely on accurate food input, but I cannot say enough good things about using a fitness tracker. I highly recommend that everyone who can afford it should get one, as it really does take the guesswork out of how much you should eat, and it can be very motivating.
  • rach_k8
    rach_k8 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am just starting out with this so thanks so much for sharing :flowerforyou:
    Firstly I would like to say good work! Secondly I would just like to ask if you opted into negative adjustments? And ask you how you set your activitiy level initially when you started with mfp?

Thanks again for sharing!!
    Best of luck with all things in the future.
  • cwoodside1976
    cwoodside1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level to sedentary and then let the Fitbit make the calorie adjustment for activity. I eat the calories I 'earn' from activity (i.e. if my starting calories are 1200 and then the Fitbit adjustment gives me an extra 500 I eat 1700 for the day.)

I'm not sure what you mean by 'opted into negative adjustments'.....

Hope that helps!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!