today i realized...

Options
I have had this account now for a little while... i havent really taken it seriously logged here and there.

well today i stepped on the scale and seen a number i wished to never see 190 LBS

I am 5 foot 3.5 inches and a small frame so all this weight really shows ..

need to find the motivation to lose some of this weight.

I have 3 kids (age 5,3,1) and I barely have the energy during the day to do much with them.

I need to do this

Need the motivation

NEED TO GET SERIOUS ..

no questions just writing down what is going through my head.

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    3 steps forward, one step back.... Take the step and keep moving.
  • wstrnboots
    Options
    You CAN do this!!!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well admitting, acknowledging it and writing it down are definitely steps in the right direction. Good luck on your weight loss.
  • Vonikins
    Vonikins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom too and the biggest struggle I"ve had is giving myself permission to invest in me. I think it is the easiest option to give, give, give. IMHO I think endless giving is almost an autopilot mode of motherhood. It takes more effort to stop and do something for yourself than it is to just self-sacrifice for the good of the family. However, I have seen that the mother's I've appreciated the most and value are the ones that figure out a healthy balance for themselves and not get lost in their job titles of mother/homemaker/wife etc. I've figured out that I waste alot of time in the evening just trolling the internet of vegging in front of the tv. I have worked to find fitness programs I can do at home, like body-weight strength training workouts, that give me a chance for me-time without taking away from family time or household responsibilities. You can do this, you deserve it, you are worth the self-investment.
  • missrobeena
    missrobeena Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not a mom, but I was 197 (I'm 5'3" as well) at my heaviest. I've heard this a few times but it's so true: it takes time to gain the weight, so it's going to take time to lose it. One step at a time and you'll get to where you need to be. :)
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    hey it took me two years after signing into MFP (2011) before I really started logging in seriously at the beginning of this year (Feb). sometimes we need a defining moment/situation to boot us into gear, mine was seeing a staff Christmas photo and really looking at "me" for the first time without denial.. in saying that I have also fallen off the wagon many times during then, but I get back on again. Having my friends on MFP has made those failures easier to overcome.

At first I wasn't confident enough to share my diary or make friends, thinking "why would a bunch of strangers from all parts of the globe care about lil ol me?", it turned out that once I opened up and added some friends (they keep on growing), I now feel like such an idiot for not having done so earlier....I don't think I would have found a much more supportive and caring bunch of people anywhere else online. The MFP clan has helped me to be honest about "me" and tand have cheered me along the way.

Now, the first thing I do on my PC is log onto MFP, I think I spend more time on MFP than Facebook (oh no!) and its because I love the realness I see in the people here.

So, pat yourself on the back for writing it down, its the best choice that you have made so far...wish you the best and feel free to add for support.
  • tiffanyagee2003
    Options
    One thing that got me started on this site is that 2 of boys had a recent check-up and the doctor told me they were both considered obese, I knew they were husky boys but when they started being labelled as obese and talking about high cholesterol for a 8 and 11 year old its an eye opener. As my kids Doc said if you don't bring in the house then they can't eat it. That goes for us grown-ups too. I realized it has to start with me first, I have to be the example. Start taking care of myself more so that I can better take care of them.
  • ItsMeBlue
    ItsMeBlue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    this post encourages me ladies, thanks! i've been signed up for years and played like it was a cute little farmville game...now to quote randy from american idol..i'm "in it to win it"...yeah it's a cheesy saying, but it's the real deal now. so rock on!...weight loss is just like any other addiction recovery...In Celebrate Recovery I learned that the only time we are allowed to be selfish is with our recovery. I'm thankful I have a wife who understands that sacrificing a little time now for me to hit the gym and such is investing in having me around for the long term. God bless you and your efforts!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to connect with someone that will motivate them to change. For some its health issues, for some its a number on the scale, to be around for your kids. But find it and use it to move forward. Make small changes over time and good things will happen =)
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure.---Tommy Kelley

The future is always beginning now!

This one step changes everything!!!

Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.

FALL DOWN SEVEN TIMES - STAND UP EIGHT

Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

:happy:
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My scale hit 190 today and I rejoiced! :) But yes, it seems to be that to take getting healthy seriously, there has to be a defining moment to really kick your butt into gear. I've been trying MFP for two years now...and I didn't even start to take it seriously until 2 months ago when my coach in roller derby said that he think I'd be a great jammer if I got into better shape. I've been working really hard these last two months, lost 29 pounds and I got to jam all last night at the scrimmage. And it's just encouraging me to fight harder. :) Good luck on your journey!
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You have to decide when you're willing to say enough is enough. Don't let it be about the number on the scale though. Health and fitness may be reflected in that number but it's about all the periphery that is really important. Body mass, blood pressure, cholesterol, that's what will end your time with your kids. Focus on those and I'm a firm believer that the number will take care of itself but that's just my opinion.
  • mamaslitpath
    mamaslitpath Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm here to cheer u on as well. I also struggle, not so much with exercise but with food. I reward myself with food...and then feel remorse in the morning, the way an alcoholic who succumbed to the drink again.
  • LouiseLacaze
    LouiseLacaze Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just heading home after a great holiday....but
    Have made a BIG decision to return next year a whole lot lighter!

I've signed up for C25K and feel great about starting!!
    Let's do this!!!!!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I think you have just found the motivation. You reach that moment that you realize that you must do something NOW. Get started and go for slow steady results. Stick with it until you reach your goal and evermore after. Do it!
  • hotfitmomma2b
    hotfitmomma2b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
    i honestly think seeing the scale last night was my "OMG moment" things need to change and right now im feeling motivated ! really hoping to be able to stick it out this time.

im not losing for a vacation or for a reunion i am losing this for ME and ME only !! *of course looking hot for my husband will be a bonus*
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I was right where you were 5 months ago. I didn't feel like I looked what I weighed but, sadly, I did weigh that much. So, one day I just started. I had been on this site 3 times before and was serious for a while then I fell off. This last time something clicked and 32 pounds later, here I am continuing to log, eat right, exercise and try to better myself. It takes time, trial and error and a whole lot of will power and determination. You'll feel like quitting more than you think. You'll get tired of logging and you'll get tired of doing those daily workouts. But, if getting up to do things with your kids is really high on your list of priorities, you'll make your fitness journey work no matter what. Feel free to add me if you need friends to keep you accountable :) I log in everyday
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 190 for a long time and thought it was bad. Now i'm 220 and i just want to be at least back to 190. I can feel my back rolls :grumble: ..My point is don't be me and gain more..I'm back it this today with the hopes of feeling comfortable in my skin again.:sad: :sad: we can do this.
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was 90kg Pre pregnancy weight and gained 22kg post pregnancy. I could not go to the gym because my baby and nobody to help me out. So I got this dvd Tracy Anderson post pregnancy workout and that gave me the drive to buy a gym ball and look up other fitness workout. From there I got to MFP. As soon as I started the dvd,my baby joined in,mimicking the moves. Climbing on me etc. Now we go to the gym together,of course I bribe him with treats.
  • LouiseLacaze
    LouiseLacaze Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow!!!!! ????????????