Let's Get this Done

Options
Hi everyone.

I've been on the forums a couple of times but I thought I should stick around for a while. A bit about me:

I'm a 21 year old college student (male), 220 lbs. When I graduated high school, I was at 197 and when I finished my freshman year of college I was at 177. Now I'm 220 :(

My freshman year the only thing that was different was that (1) I didn't have a car and (2) even though I ate terrible foods in the dining halls, I only ate twice a day, no snacks.

It kills me to look at pictures of myself freshman year because I looked so good then! Now I'm just ashamed. So as I begin my senior year of college, I am determined to lose the weight again! No matter what it takes! (ok, nothing too extreme).

Hopefully by joining the community here I will be more inspired to keep it up!

As far as goals, I would like to be at 167 or 157 (random numbers, but 30 and 40 lbs lighter than 4 years ago). My cousin is a Ph. D in health and fitness and has given me a pretty good list of foods I should eat and which are best to avoid.

Right now it all depends on discipline! Wish me luck and hopefully I'll be here often!

Replies

• skinnysmartbitch
    skinnysmartbitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I graduated from college 2 years ago. I remember my senior year being verrrry hectic and at times really stressful. You're probably going to run into some challenges surrounding time constraints, stress, and lack of sleep. I encourage you to log what you eat every single day regardless of what your choices were like. Also, just keep in mind that you need a calorie deficit to lose weight. You're young, you'll lose it fast. I did at that age. Good luck!
  • angiepangie43
    angiepangie43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your on the right track. I gained the "freshman 15" plus more my first year of college. It is very difficult to eat on a college budget also. Good luck!!
  • AndyPGonzalez
    AndyPGonzalez Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Logging can be difficult for me, for both discipline and I just feel really guilty for going over so don't bother...and don't have many friends on here, so who cares (no accountability). One of the reasons i want to log onto the forums more is to really get into the mindset of I need to do this...and I decided to use the blog feature and start a blog so that I can write through the experience and learn things through reflection (I'm a journalism student, writing comes naturally) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AndyPGonzalez

Hopefully I can make it work this time. I'm that person who says, "I'm starting a diet" as I eat an entire pizza.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. You sound motivated and ready to roll. Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra encouragement.