Why did it stop all of a sudden? :(

Options
I've been on the weight loss track since November last year, so around 9 months now -_- I was consistently losing 2 pounds a month until May, then it all stopped. At the beginning of May, I hit 150 (16 pounds down), and a couple of things happened. I stopped my birth control pill and I had a one-week trip, where I ate out a lot but didn't binge either. That trip only set me back 1 pound, so mid-May I'm 151....then weight loss stopped and I no longer have a weight loss pattern. All summer long, I've had no pattern anymore and as soon as I get to a lower weight, it goes up for the next month. They are minor fluctuations, but I am SO CLOSE to my goal weight that it's just frustrating and makes me want to quit, but I'm so close!
Has this happened to anyone? I really don't know what to do because it's taken me SO LONG and I have been so good about measuring/weighing, counting, working out. It feels like no matter what I do, my body has its own plan of when to lose or not. I was hoping to get to my goal weight in August but I don't know if it'll be possible. Any tips, advice, encouragement...?

FYI - Yes I am really logging all my food, measuring and counting everything. I don't use MFP to track it, but I do track it in a spreadhseet, it's just easier for me to plan my daily menu that way.
More info: female, 5'5, goal weight 145. My diet is 1500 calories daily (total), where 40-45% come from protein, 30-35% from carbs and 20-25% from fat. I do resistance training 2-3x a week, and cardio 4-5x a week. My RMR is 1600.

Replies

• nespinosa3
    nespinosa3 Posts: 116
    Options
    bump?
    I know it's a long post...but pls, I just need some advice or tips
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a digital scale? or use volume measures like cups? I don't know if 1500 is the goal I would have if I were you. But before I'd think about changing it, I'd start using MFP to track everything I eat. Also, being able to show your foods to others can be very enlightening, you never know what idea they might have by looking at it. Just my 2c, YMMV
  • superswoleme
    Options
    If you're constantly eating the same amount of calories with the same macros, your body adapts. I would try to add either some HIIT cardio (sprints, plyometrics) 2x a week for 20-25 minutes, or add 1 or 2 higher carbs day every week where you add around 100 grams of carbs. It might sounds weird, but it will shake up your body and force your metabolism to work a little harder.

It's normal to stop losing weight after a while on a calorie deficit, because your body adapts and your metabolism slows down. I wouldn't go any lower in your calories as 1500 isn't a lot, but don't be scared to have a refeed with higher carbs and calories. Just make sure it's controlled and you don't go overboard.

If you want to make some research, try googling carbs cycling. Hope this helps :)
  • nespinosa3
    nespinosa3 Posts: 116
    Options
    If you're constantly eating the same amount of calories with the same macros, your body adapts. I would try to add either some HIIT cardio (sprints, plyometrics) 2x a week for 20-25 minutes, or add 1 or 2 higher carbs day every week where you add around 100 grams of carbs. It might sounds weird, but it will shake up your body and force your metabolism to work a little harder.

I forgot to say, I did add HIIT and exactly twice a week :) so my routine is strength training 2-3x, HIIT 2x, regular cardio (jog/walk) the rest of the days to make a total of 6x a week most weeks.
    I tried a couple of weeks of adding in one larger meal on Fridays and see if it helps...but usually it just makes me "gain" 1-2 pounds and that's it :S it goes down again after 1-2 weeks. I'm even afraid of any cheat meal right now because it feels like anything will set me back.