Wild Game Nutrition Facts

Options
I am looking for a good source for finding the nutritional information for wild game. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Replies

• dad2ccc03
    Options
    Depending on your state, the wildlife and fisheries division should have that information. They all have websites. Just search your state and wildlife department.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I generally eat moose and deer (that's what's in my deep freeze right now lol) and MFP actually has it in their database...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Venison has less fat than beef, pork, chicken and turkey!! About a third of the fat of beef!
  • leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    dad2cc03-I didn't see anything on the state website, but thanks for pointing me a direction to start at least!

bprixe-thanks for the website!

lilRicki-I've never had moose before! How does it compare to elk, deer and antelope?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I like elk the best...but moose doesn't have the "gamey" taste like deer does. I don't know, I cook it like beef lol...my grandpa gave me half a moose and an entire deer this year...so I have everything from roasts to steak...and ground up "hamburger" too...and it's WAY better for you than beef. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he stops hunting lol...Sausage is by far my favorite, and jerkey...but nothing beats a moose on the bbq