Liquid ONLY Diet

13»

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Has anyone tried a liquid only diet? Slimfast or juice?
    A co-worker of mine is doing the juice diet. She has a juicer and makes all of her juices and they are pretty good! Nothing added but fruit. In 6 days, she lost 7lbs!
    (My favorite juice was strawberriers, apple, and blackberry. Oh my, it was so good.)
    I've been considering a liquid diet of sorts. What about Slimfast only, with occassionally snacking on fruit and low-calorie snacks?

Hmm, she lost all that weight by not eating food? What are the odds?

I'll put $20 on the weight coming right back when she goes back to consuming items that require mastication.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    I mean you would probably lose weight doing it in the short term because you would probably be ingesting fewer calories than normal if you were only drinking liquids, but you have to think about the fact that ingesting only liquids is probably not going to keep you very full while you're on this diet.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Please try this diet and blog about every sneeze, cough, and laughing fit that you have and the results they have.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Zombie NO.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Do you plan to consume liquid foods for the rest of your life?
    If it's calories in/calories out, would they need to?

It's not just about CICO but about meeting macros for good health and sustainability. How do you propose the OP meets his/her macros and have enough fuel to properly support his/her workout with liquids from fruits? Have many legit scientific studies have you come across to support long term success with liquid diets? Companies who sell that sh&t based their success on the hopes that some people don't have the common sense that GOD gave a turkey.
    I don't. I eat a nutrient dense diet. Im merely asking why someone would gain weight if they reintroduced food.

It is because you can't learn accountability from a fruit juice diet. Sure, people will lose weight but what is the diet going to teach a person in terms of accountability and long term success? Most people will not learn any long term healthy habits when they reintroduce food so they will gain the weight back. They will be as clueless on the last day of the diet as they were on day one.
    bingo. And THIS is a good response. Not just "you'll gain it back when you start eating solids".
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Do you plan to consume liquid foods for the rest of your life?
    If it's calories in/calories out, would they need to?

It's not just about CICO but about meeting macros for good health and sustainability. How do you propose the OP meets his/her macros and have enough fuel to properly support his/her workout with liquids from fruits? Have many legit scientific studies have you come across to support long term success with liquid diets? Companies who sell that sh&t based their success on the hopes that some people don't have the common sense that GOD gave a turkey.
    I don't. I eat a nutrient dense diet. Im merely asking why someone would gain weight if they reintroduced food.

You'd gain back several pounds at least just from solid food being reintroduced into your digestive system.
  • Please try this diet and blog about every sneeze, cough, and laughing fit that you have and the results they have.

This made me giggle-snort. Thanks!
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    You will likely feel like hell given that you won't be consuming any fat.
    BINGO
    People who go on diets frequently forget about the fat macro, but it's probably worse to leave out fat than it is to leave out protein.
  • loveaguirre
    loveaguirre Posts: 1 Member
    I wanted to try it but not sure if it's worth it
  • sugarbear16
    sugarbear16 Posts: 8 Member
    Eating is something we are trained to do and need. I'm talking about putting food in your mouth and chewing. It's social and physical. It is better to rake it slow. Crash diets are only that. Healthy eating non processed foods will help you lose weight and feel good.
  • Buy a Nuribulit and a book called Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman. My hubby lost 50 lbs and I lost 35. We only do liquid breakfast and eat all day after that. I use MFP to keep track for my self. The photo you see is us before eating right.