Best Twilight Zone Episodes?

Options
hajenkatt
hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
We've been on a kick this summer introducing our kids (9 & 7) to our idea of classic TV and movies. We've just done a stint with Mr. Bean, and now I was thinking of showing them a few episodes of the Twilight Zone. I remember loving them as a kid, but I'd love to hear your thoughts as to which episodes you think are the best. There's a lot to choose from! Any suggestions?

Replies

• DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    "It's a cookbook!"
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    B&W or colour?

From the old ones,

Time enough at last (the irony!)
    To Serve Humans (as suggested by DenDweller)

New Ones:

Gramma (same as Stephen King's story, very terryfying)

Also, Rod Serling hosted "Night Gallery", pretty much same format and style. Also worth watching.

EDIT - nevermind - I read grades 7 and 9... these stories might be a bit much for some kids younger than 10. Esp. explaining total nuclear war - or being afraid of a Lovecraftian grandma.

I sing the body electric? A bit more friendly. Or "Walking Distance".
  • the__great__beyond
    Options
    Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

because... I mean... there are very few episodes that were done by such awesome actors as Lithgow and Shatner and still remain epic
  • Mayday313
    Options
    "Come Wander With Me" from the original series is one of my favorites. Cool story and has some beautiful yet haunting singing.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    'A Little Peace and Quiet' always sticks in my head. About a housewife who has an amulet that can stop time.
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    th?id=HN.607989497583305988&pid=15.1&H=106&W=160&P=0
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mybeesknees
    Options
    Will the Real Martian Please Stand up? That one never gets old with me. Another one is (can't think of the title) where a spoiled child has the town's people full of fear. At one point, he turned a drunk man into a jack-in-the-box and his parents begged him to send the man to the cornfield after the incident. Love these two most of all.
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    This was a good one too!

th?id=HN.608019300361505021&pid=15.1&P=0
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    "To Serve Man" (aka: it's a cookbook)
    "Eye of the Beholder"
    the one with William Shatner and the critter on the plane wing
    "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street"
    the one with the Venusian and Martian pretending to be humans in a bar full of people on a bus stopped due to an unsound bridge.
    The one with the little boy everyone cow-tows to because he can warp reality with his mind.
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    oooh definitely the previously mentioned "to serve man" and I also liked "eye of the beholder" creepy pig faces :)
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. We decided to start with the first episode, "Where Is Everybody?" It was a great choice and freaked the hell out of my kids. I was a bit worried that the b&w would put them off, but I've obviously done a good job showing them older films because neither of them even commented on the fact that it wasn't in color. Can't wait to show them more!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    "It's a cookbook!"

This
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    A Kind of a Stopwatch always freaked me out as a kid, so much so it's the only one I can recall by name today.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Can I choose an Outer Limits Episode?

Cry of Silence

It's about crazy *kitten* tumbleweeds. eeeek! :noway: