Shoes for zumba

Options
Ok all my zumba crazed friends out there, what shoes are you wearing?
I would really appreciate as much info on the shoes as possible. Thanks!
jac

Replies

• citrusc3
    Options
    I just wear regular tennis shoes...
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I wear converse :)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I posted something similar yesterday and got a lot of fantastic tips!
    Hope this helps!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/155898-i-love-zumba-but-my-feet-don-t
  • lachelita
    Options
    omg yes please. i been doing my zumba fitness barefoot. i tried the puma but i feel my feet slides.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is funny!
    Thanks for telling me. I never saw your post...lol. Checked out your post and the suggestions. awesome
    jac
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    rebook zigs.....pic on my profile
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Oh good question. A friend and I go to classes weekly and have been considering Zumba shoes.

Katie
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba instructor and I LOVE my Capezio Dansneakers. They provide support, and have very little tread so I can twist and turn as needed.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've tried two different shoes - running shoes, and capezio dance sneakers. Both have a significant rubber sole.

I found that the dance sneakers were a little too slippery for many of the moves because a lot of people wear their street shoes in class and the floor gets a film of dirt on it. This would be the same problem with regular ballet/jazz shoes unless you have a wet paper towel to dampen your soles with throughout the class.

If you're doing high-impact zumba, I would definitely recommend something with a nice rubber sole and some support around the ankles to cushion your landing (the reggaeton moves come to mind because they're kinda "jumpy"). The last thing you would want is to roll an ankle or get shin splints due to not having enough support!

I've seen some nice middle of the road sneakers I might try out--something lighter than a running shoe but with more support than a dance shoe.
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    The Zumba site tells you what type of shoe works best. I also found that I was buying my shoes too big and that was causing my feet to hurt. I just went to our local nike store and had them measure my feet.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have been on their site several times. I didnt see where they advised which shoe to wear. Last year they did have shoes on their site however I do not see them on the site anymore. Hmmm Thanks for all the advise!
    jac