Time for a new me, I'm sick to death of the old one.

Options
Hey all,

Well I'm 46 today and frankly can't stand to look at myself in the mirror, I am so fat and ugly, it's disgusting.

I need to get serious about loosing weight and getting skinny. All the beautiful spring/ summer clothes are in the shops over here in Australia and all I'm left with is the frumpy baggy plus sized stuff, which mostly is horrid.

I'm going onto Isowhey meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch and then having a small dinner each night. I've labeled all my food with weights so I know what to enter into the daily planner.

I can't afford expensive gym memberships so I'm going to start off gentle and get back into my daily hour long walks, I'm also going to invest in a Fitbit tracker and challenge myself to 10,000 steps a day.

I'm going to New Zealand in February 2016 and I want to be able to wear a sexy little cocktail dress and my wicked red high heels and not look stupid.

It's going to be a long hard haul and my two biggest issues is I love food and frankly I'm lazy, I've no one else to blame for the state I'm in and I'm not blaming anyone else but some support would be nice.

Anyhow any friend requests will be accepted, I need all the support I can get,

Thanks

Replies

• KarinaRaina11
    Options
    Its never to late for a change, even i prefer to work out at home or go on walks since i can fit that around my everyday life. I'm sure your going to hit your goal and wear your dress and look great in it. I think meal replacements are not such a good idea as i was on the slim fast shakes i never felt like i was full and they contain crazy amounts of sugar, why not try a home made smoothie or a simple banana shake with milk in it for breakfast. Even better if you go for weetabix. Just add some active MFP users and your good to go. I found that MFP really helps a lot. All the best with your journey!
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Im in my mid 40's and felt just the same as you so kicked in in January.

add me if you like

you can do it - the hard part you have already done in that you have made the decision to change your life
  • sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    add me if you like

Ummm....how? Sorry no idea how to do that stuff yet
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're ready! Write your goals down on paper and stick it to the kitchen cabinet - those tempting days will ensure you have your goals at the forefront of your mind.

It's good that you have confronted some of your personality flaws - in doing so you can only but improve yourself. You can do this!
  • sydneydeb
    Options
    I want to use up the tub if Isowhey that I already have, I'll re-evaluate after I've used up the tub. I really need a good kick start to keep me on track and hopefully some good losses as well.

Thanks for the well wishes :smile:
  • NZnative_Girl
    NZnative_Girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi - I live in New Zealand! And have added u as a friend! Good luck on your journey, it's a good one, you've come to the right place. :-)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 female from QLD but originally not too far from Sydney. I'll add you. We need to do this!
  • SaltedEverything
    SaltedEverything Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Killer red heels are never ridiculous. I'll wager you could pull them off today. :wink:

Adding you!
  • GirlBossGoals
    GirlBossGoals Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    seem like you also need a <hug> don't hate yourself you are beautiful person :)
  • sydneydeb
    Options
    Killer red heels are never ridiculous. I'll wager you could pull them off today. :wink:

Adding you!

Oh I can wear them but they murder my feet, they are about 5 inches, red patent leather, I'm hoping when I'm skinnier they won't hurt my feet as much. Fingers crossed.
  • sydneydeb
    Options
    seem like you also need a <hug> don't hate yourself you are beautiful person :)

:flowerforyou: awwww thanks you, hugs right back atcha
  • sydneydeb
    Options
    Hi - I live in New Zealand! And have added u as a friend! Good luck on your journey, it's a good one, you've come to the right place. :-)

I'm going to NZ either Nov 2015 or Feb 2016, I suspect Feb as it's warmer, isn't it? I hate the cold so looking for warmer weather.