A Bingo-Winged Hello!!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie who is desperate to lose weight - only been here for 10 minutes and I can already see I'm going horribly wrong with my current food choices etc :-( Hoping that by being here I can get back the control and try to get some exercise integrated into my daily life. I started doing Yoga yesterday - at home, YouTube video, so I hope that might help in some respects. I'm really not much of an exerciser - yep, not a good start! :-/ Anyway, hoping to make some friends here - going solo with this isn't the best way - I've tried and failed miserably.

BigCurvyWife xx

Replies

• xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Youre on the way to a great start.

Add me for motivation & support.
  • RuthB398
    RuthB398 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI there

I'm also relatively new. I started my diet last Monday and have managed to loose a couple of ppounds this week.
    I've dieted loads over the years and always put the weight back on again - the classic yoyo - that's me. This time I also thought getting some support might be good so I've signed up to this site mainly for the calorie logging device and another one for the furum which I''m finding very supportive. (I have to say I've noticed quite a few people on here are trainers and the like touting for business - which of course is fine and dandy but if you're like me and haven't got the money to pay someone to help and are get great support from others who are in the same boat as you then I find the other site better)
    Having said all that ...the recipe tool on here that lets you enter up your own recipes and then works out not just the calorie content but also the nutritional content is absolutely brilliant. It means you can still cook your 'normal' meals but you can check the actual calorie content of them.

I really hope you find something that helps and that you get the inspiration and support you need.

All the best
    Ruth
  • crikgrrl
    crikgrrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new too - feel free to add me :)
  • mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You can add me to your corner as well, hopefully we'll all motivvate each other to better health.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

The awesome thing about MFP is that if you follow their calorie guide, you should lose weight even if you don't exercise. They build a calorie deficit into their program, so you can lose if you can't/don't/won't exericse. If you do exericse, you can log that in MFP and eat back about half of those calories. (MFP tends to overestimate how much you burn via exercise, so most people only eat 25-75% of the exercise calories MFP gives them.)
  • BigCurvyWife
    Options
    Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. I've already made some friends here and it's great to be part of such a supportive and encouraging community :-) xx
  • littlemrsk
    Options
    Good luck!

I'm new here too. Hoping to lose 2 stone (again!). x
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hi you may like to read

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Just keep logging-even if you have a "bad" day - keep logging in, read success stories and be encouraged every single time you win - eg don't eat a second biscuit, choose salad and enjoy it, walk that little bit further.

Happy day! x
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    Hey :)

I've been on here a couple of times before and managed to lose 2/3 stone out of it but I got lazy and gained it back.
    But i'm back and highly motivated to lose all the weight this time and stick at it!

Feel free to add me :)
  • ReflectivePhase
    ReflectivePhase Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello - Fed up with my bingo wings too they've got to go! lets hope we can wave slim arms soon. x
  • honeybake01
    honeybake01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Your food choice will get better once you figure out how much you really what to lose the weight, it took me time to figure out how to eat right. the thing that turn me around is my legs stop work period, I could not walk because of my disk in my back and my weight was putting pressure on my span and everything in my back including the nerves that controls my legs. So I had to do the Bariatric Surgery order to get the weight off faster, I went through the program for 6 months before the surgery. I lost 30 pounds on my own by following their life change toward food. Take a nutrients class, every diet don't work for all people. The most important thing to start doing is to bake, boil, or steam your food, stay away from high sodium food, eat fresh fruit and vegetables, grill food is so good, I am using a Nuwave oven, I bake most of my food in a microwave oven that bake, broils, rotisserie and I use Mrs. dash season, black pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, any season with low to no sodium and that taste good.

It is so much you can do.
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Yoga is a great start and tracking your food always starts as a shock to the senses!

I'm on here everyday! I'm a big motivator and enjoy motivation!

Please feel free to add me! The more the merrier!

:flowerforyou:
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend - I'll try to encourage you on your way! You can do it!
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Always wiling to help motivate! Feel free to add me :)