FIrst Comment

Options
Last weekend I went shopping for a few new clothes. I didn't want to buy too many because I knew I would just shrink out of them… but I wanted to get something and to see what size I could fit in right now. I came home with 2 shirts and a dress that I felt would be good staples and also would still work for me for the next 40 pounds I lost. They were 2 sizes smaller than I was wearing at the beginning. And they were actually bought at a local retail store (Ross), where I haven't been able to buy from local stores for ages!

Yesterday I wore the dress for the first time to my church meetings. It was a different pattern and style than I normally wear and I wasn't sure how it would go over. But I got several compliments on it. Apparently I made a good choice….

But, I also got my first comment from someone outside my family (and those few select people that know I've been trying to lose weight) that she could tell I had lost weight. It only took 49 pounds to get there… but I have to admit... that felt great! (BTW… 50 pounds is 1/4 of the way to my goal!)

Replies

• plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Doesn't it feel good? Enjoy your new clothes, and the compliments :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Please consider buying second hand clothing too for at least a little while unless you are quite rich of course. It's a great idea while you get to goal for very little money and helps out chariites usually. If you spend some time you can even get brand new things there at times.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Awesome, feels so good, doesn't it?:flowerforyou:
  • cherisuzanne
    cherisuzanne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels. I had lost weight 11 years ago and the first time I bought clothes from the misses department and not the plus department. It was so exciting! Unfortunately after losing 57 lbs i started gaining back. Now getting healthy AGAIN. Down 23 lbs and did buy a few things in smaller size but waiting for that moment in the misses department.
    Congratulations on your NSV. Try to keep that feeling alive to help motivate you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!