i'm not sore from a workout?

Options
Good morning, friends!

I'm a little worried?

I just finished the 30ds and I did it two months in a row. I am not sick of Jillian's voice, her exercises so I've started blogilates to change things up a bit. I finished the first day last night, and my glutes and thighs were on fire and my abs were killing me as well and I was expecting to be sore today. NOPE, not an ounce.

Is this an indication that I didn't work hard enough?

Thanks!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    being sore isn't an indication of if you worked hard or not- it just means you used your muscles in a new way that you haven't before.

Most people who have been training for some time don't get sore- they are achy and tired- but they rarely get sore.

Only you know if you are working hard- that's kind of one of those things you gotta work out on your own. My working hard is different than you're working hard. So no one here can tell you if you did or didn't.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    ^^ This^^ What JoRocka said,

I rarely ever get sore, just stiff and tired.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    So be proud that your in pretty good shape for what your doing.

But I see it as you are basically doing the same exercises / working the same muscles in the same way. I would up my game a little, if I were in your shoes.
  • rausharvey
    rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    being sore isn't an indication of if you worked hard or not- it just means you used your muscles in a new way that you haven't before.

Most people who have been training for some time don't get sore- they are achy and tired- but they rarely get sore.

Only you know if you are working hard- that's kind of one of those things you gotta work out on your own. My working hard is different than you're working hard. So no one here can tell you if you did or didn't.

thank you :)
  • rausharvey
    rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So be proud that your in pretty good shape for what your doing.

But I see it as you are basically doing the same exercises / working the same muscles in the same way. I would up my game a little, if I were in your shoes.

Thanks. I'll have to see what else I could do! :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think your fatigue at the end of the workout was a pretty good indication that you got a good burn in. Here's a little secret about DOMS...sometimes they don't kick in until a full 24 hours after the workout so there's still a chance you'll be sore. I know I've been surprised! Got up the day after a hard burn, felt much less sore than I expected, and then later that afternoon I go to get up from my desk or turn/move a certain way and WOW!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree that I am more sore if I use a muscle that I haven't used in a while. I did 30DS and RI30 a few months ago and at first I was always sore, and by the end I was just achey and needed a good stretch in between workouts.