upper legs

Options
I'm wanting to tone up my upper legs and bottom of my butt and lose the fat and gain muscle, I have been weight training and have seen significant improvment in all other areas but here!

Any advice would be good x

29F
5"11
66KG

Replies

• Johnny760
    Options
    Squats.
  • mvg421
    mvg421 Posts: 27
    Options
    Squat!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Squats.
    Deadlifts.
    Walking lunges.
    Lunges.
  • Laurenphipps85
    Laurenphipps85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, doing loads of weighted squats, guess it's just gonna take time :-)

little miss impatient should be my name xxx
  • solsi6
    solsi6 Posts: 14
    Options
    Squats mainly...
    Sumo squats for toning the inner side of the legs...
    Mix in some hamstring leg curls to tone back of the upper legs...
    If you gym has the right machines, you should be able to the squats without actually picking up the weights and avoid upper body build.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Squats suck. (I know that's blasphemy here). I think I have a pretty good butt (it looks small in this prof pic), and I do these exercises with weights ...

bridge, hip thrusts, plie (or sumo) squats, deadlifts, different variations of lunges (they suck too) ... etc. During the off season, I run and sometimes walk steep hills. Now I am running the beach, and I always feel it in my butt, so it's doing something.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Walking lunges
  • BigSpoonSA
    BigSpoonSA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'll add glute ham raises and good mornings to the list.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    heavy bridge lifts/hip thrusters.

Don't forget the squats, deads, and lunges- but heavy bridge lifts.

and standing or sitting good mornings (or both)
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said.

I have a love-hate relationship with squats, but you can't beat 'em for butt toning. I happen to LOVE walking lunges, which I do with weights - they make the quads beauuuuteous.

...Strange things we discover about ourselves...
  • Laurenphipps85
    Options
    sumo squats sound good!

doing lots of glute bridges and targetting my hamstrings, reckon if I try and build up the area at the top of my legs/bottom of my butt then it will hopefully make it look less flab lol

so glad to have people to talk to about this, my b/f goes mad when I say i'm flabby

he doesn't understand the skinnyfat thing xx
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    You're 5' 11" and only 66kg's? You can't have much to lose, if anything I would imagine. That's not heavy for your height, by any means. Focus on squatting to parallel and probably even squat twice a week if you can.
  • Laurenphipps85
    Options
    yeah, i'm not overweight, just got flabby bits on the top of my thights and bottom of my butt, it's from years of not exercising and having no muscle and a skinny but wobbly butt!

going to persevere with silly amounts of weighted squats and going to try the good mornings tonight also x
  • JoRocka
    Options
    You're 5' 11" and only 66kg's? You can't have much to lose, if anything I would imagine. That's not heavy for your height, by any means.

Friendly reminder: not everyone on this site is here to lose weight
  • Laurenphipps85
    Options
    I have a lack of boobage too... explains why I'm lower on the scale lol x
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Aim for higher weight, lower reps with your squats. That's what works for me. Otherwise high reps and low weight is more like cardio.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    You're 5' 11" and only 66kg's? You can't have much to lose, if anything I would imagine. That's not heavy for your height, by any means.

Friendly reminder: not everyone on this site is here to lose weight

Never said that she is, she mentioned toning and a woman that is roughly 135lbs at almost 6' foot tall I would imagine to be fairly lean and not need much toning.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    and this is why tone is a rubbish word.

She probably needs to lift more to get actual mass- she probably doesn't have the definition she's wanting because she has no real muscle mass. at 135- you're right- she's incredibly lean. And should be well defined- unless she has no mass.

Either way- the point is still a good reminder- not everyone is here to lose.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    squats and buy a bike...
  • Laurenphipps85
    Options
    and this is why tone is a rubbish word.

She probably needs to lift more to get actual mass- she probably doesn't have the definition she's wanting because she has no real muscle mass. at 135- you're right- she's incredibly lean. And should be well defined- unless she has no mass.

Either way- the point is still a good reminder- not everyone is here to lose.

i'll post my before pic later on, then you'll see what I mean, definitely not defined in the slightest from just plain not exercising and cruising on the skinny ***** boat for too long eating what I want and not exercising xx