Round 2: 56-yr old woman back & looking for pals!

Options
Hello, MFPals!

I first joined MFP in Nov. 2011, and lost 55 lbs over the next 18 months. Last summer about this time, I decided I'd been stable for about a year, had hit my health goal (not my vanity goal), and maybe I didn't need my accountability partners (all you guys) anymore. A year later, I looked up and had easily (and quickly) packed back on 19 lbs through a series of unfortunate choices, most of them nestled between two pieces of bread. Yes, I know exactly how it happened.

So now I'm back for take on those 19 health lbs, and the 10 vanity lbs after that.

Who wants to join me? I'm a 56-year old woman, and would love to hear from others in similar circumstances. Please friend me, and LET'S DO THIS!!

Replies

• fifty6ford
    fifty6ford Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    58 is creeping up quickly. Though I joined years ago, I just began using MFP. Over the past few months I've been working on eating healthier. I've incorporated a lot more veggies and even have my husband asking for them!

Looking for pals also!
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice, I'll turn 57 next month. I've been on MFP for 2 months. Lost 8 lb. for good. I actually lost 10 but found 2 again. Too much celebrating the 10 lb. mark. So, back on track and down we go... Diane
  • gaviota2064
    Options
    HI! i'm just join MFP like a month ago, but should have done a decade ago, I hope to make it this time!:tongue:
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody. We can do this!
  • MountainLaurel787
    MountainLaurel787 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I will be hitting 50 in in 5 months. I'm annoyed how I started packing on the pounds as I got older. However, I had a fire lit under me and I want to be healthy and happy in the years to come. I'd love to have some motivators as well!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and used MFP to get me to maintenance. I'm slowly learning to keep my weight stable and be aware of my intake. Feel free to friend me. I can always use and give support.
  • NewReba2012
    Options
    I joined in January 2012, and lost 60 lbs in 9 months. over the past year 20 lbs has crept back on, and I am trying to turn that back around. I am just getting back online today for the first time in 7 months. I would really enjoy having a support group to help me get back to my goal weight. :smile:
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, i've still got a few pounds to lose, i'm quite sedentary following a stroke, but I walk my dog a lot, feel free to add me :smile:
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! Let's do it!

Alice
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Alice, your post about restarting on August 1 helped motivate me to do my own reset that day--thanks! I joined MFP almost 2 years ago and promptly lost 25 pounds in 4 months without any setbacks along the way. Maintained pretty well for about 6 months after that, but then some of my bad overeating/binging habits started creeping back little by little. This August 1 I was 20 pounds heavier than last August 1. I am really determined to get back to where I was by my 50th birthday on Dec. 30. That's 21 weeks, totally doable. Let's do this!
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    I am totally in with you, Karin! 20 lbs by Dec. 30. Let's go! ;0)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 years old and I lost 6 lbs. while on MFP. Currently I'm at a plateau and am figuring out whether to be more aggressive or try a body recomp. I'm 5'1.5" and 120 lbs. I'd be glad to "friend" you.
  • haiku_gal
    haiku_gal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I joined about 2 years ago but wasn't accountable or serious enough to see it through. I hate the fact that food controls me. Am I that weak? lol Anyway, I'll be 51 next month. I really don't want to let my weight and health get so out of control that I lose motivation for good. Let's try this again. :)
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Send me a friend request and let's do this!