Fast Food Mania!

Options
Hi everyone! I need some help. I go strong with my healthy eating for about a week, but then i fall to my fast food cravings especially when i have to go on campus for class. I have lost 18 pounds since Dec. 30th, but I am stuck because I can't control my awful eating habits. I feel so disgusting after eating it, but I still do it! I can exercise like crazy and not get sick of that, but I need advice on how to control my food obsession!

Replies

• autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try drinking water with lemon juice in it more often...(that really helps me) Also watch the documentary "Super-Size Me" That should help you stop touching the fast food poison for at least 60 days!
  • jennyleah123
    Options
    I've had the same issue in the past but I've found that by finding healthy snacks that I really enjoy, I can overcome the cravings. I have searched high and low for snacks that I really like that I'm not just eating because they are healthy. I refuse to be miserable and eat nasty food! I make sure I always have a ziploc bag of snacks in my car. Chocolate cheerios, fruit etc... I also LOVE kettle corn! It is so yummy! There are 130 calories for 2 cups. And it is very low in fat. It's sweet and salty so it satisfies you!
  • p_carver
    Options
    If you have to eat Fast food you still can but you have to put some thought into it. Don't go super size!!! A small burger without the cheese and small fry. We all sometimes get so busy we have to make a quick run thru the drive thru but don't make a habit of it. Lets face it ain't nothing no better than a McDonalds cheese-burger!!!
  • bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    Haha! I love the suggestion to watch Super Size Me! I bet it would help! That and maybe read the nutrition menus - the more I study what I eat, the less I want to eat unhealthy things like fast food. I'm also a big advocate of gum - ESPECIALLY in class. I find that chewing makes me tired of moving my mouth and not want to eat in general.

Stay strong! Its amazing the support you find on these posting boards!
  • bode1all
    Options
    Have you tried going to Taco Bell and getting food off of their "fresco" menu? Or if I do go to mcdonalds I will get grilled chicken snack wraps without the ranch or dressing. And I will get the apple dippers instead of fries with a milk. You can make healthier decisions whereever you go my just being conscious. Also I recommend the book "Eat this, Not that" It has all fast food choices and tells you what would be the better choice at tons of different restaurants. Its so hard in the beginning getting rid of all of the "bad" cravings. But as you say no more to them and yes to healthier options your desire for them will become smaller and smaller. I also recommend using fast food as a treat and not an everyday thing. Start small! Pack snacks! Eat more protein! I love love love Target Market Pantry brand protein bars. They taste just like a candy bar but have 12-14 grams of protein in them. You can find them in the same section as all of the other protein and nutrition bars. I always tell myself when I feel that i've failed and made poor decisions that "failing to plan, is planning to fail." So start thinking about healther options before hand, or pack a lunch. Losing weight is one of the hardest thing a person can do, if you fall just remember you need to get right back up and keep plugging away. Because in the end it will pay off! Emotionally, physically, and mentally! good luck to you on your journey! You can do it!!
  • hlokty07
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I am going to try to work harder on being conscious of what i eat. I bought some healthy groceries today so I will start packing my lunch instead of going through the drive-thru! Good luck to all!