save your $$,Just fit bit sux!

Options
just walked 3.5 miles on treadmill, didn't register with fitbit dashboard today, yet it did yesterday.

I'm sending it back. Pure garbage. Be warned

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You might want to make sure you set it up correctly. Many people have had a lot of success with fitbit, but there are the occasional lemons. Their customer service is awesome, they have replaced quite a few of mine when I've been too rough with them.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    User eorror is the most common cause for products not working properly.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My fitbit doesn't always sync right away when I go to the website. Sometimes it takes a few tries, maybe that could be the problem?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    User error is the most common cause for products not working properly.

LOL
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Silly question but did you sync it?
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My mom's had that problem when she first got it. We ended up reinstalling the program on her computer and she hasn't had a problem since. If this has only happed once or if you recently bought it, try the customer service line. It may be an easy fix.
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there is a slight delay before it shows up on the app. Give it a few minutes or try closing and opening the app or logging out and back in to the app.
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Also, you can't hold your hands on any railing to support yourself. You have to walk like you would be out side with your arms on your side if you have a flex.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have lost 75 lbs do to a fitbit so i tend to disagree.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Particularly with something like the fit bit, because there is some set up that has to be done.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Also, you can't hold your hands on any railing to support yourself. You have to walk like you would be out side with your arms on your side if you have a flex.

This!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    True most of the time. Even the title thread looks like the OP hit the enter button too soon.

I have a Fitbit since January and haven't had an issue with it not loading yet.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    just walked 3.5 miles on treadmill, didn't register with fitbit dashboard today, yet it did yesterday.

I'm sending it back. Pure garbage. Be warned
    Did the Fitbit itself show the steps/miles? If so, it just hasn't synched.
  • crazydogchick
    crazydogchick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit so much I bought a new one when my first one died (totally my fault - I wore it in the pool accidentally one too many times). Try visiting their website and troubleshooting it. Check the charge and the dongle, if you are using it. Personally, I sync mine with the iPad app and find that it works great. Don't write it off after one little hiccup.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

BOOM.
  • cdobbs66
    cdobbs66 Posts: 23
    Options
    Works like a champ for me and helped me lose 49 pounds! And....it even syncs to my work health benefits and gives me a quarterly discount of $125 on my health insurance! Thanks Fitbit! =)
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ah, I love my little FitBit Zip.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I thought this might be a problem when I'm on my (ancient) stair machine, as my arms are pretty much stationary the entire time, but the flex picks up my steps no problem.

For some reason, possibly my aging laptop, it will only sync once at the beginning of the day and the rest of the time I have to manually force a sync with the Fitbit Connect icon. No biggie. The time of the last sync shows on the dashboard; try checking to see if it's recent.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love my fitbit. I had the fitbit one a few years back, it went out - swimming with it too much. Bought the fitbit flex (waterproof) had a few hickups in which customer service was very prompt and friendly with resolving my issues. Has purchased quite a few for friends and family who love them as well. True fan of the fitbit device, period.