26-year old female seeking to lose 130lbs. fellow bloggers?

Options
Hi there. My name is Sylvia. I am from Vermont. This is my second major try at losing weight. I am currently 312, but aim to someday be at 150. Eventually.

I did Weight Watchers before and besides counting points, the online community really helped me. I love to write, but am not one to share my weight loss struggles (and success) outside of a safe environment., OS I am looking for some of you folk to follow and follow me. I need somewhat of an audience to keep me accountable.

Replies

• Dillie101
    Dillie101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done you. I'm new to this site. I'm happy to follow your progress and cheer you on. :smile:
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Stay determined and you will succeed. Add me if you'd like!
  • sylviadeannek
    Options
    Wow you have come so far! Congrats! :-)
  • LizaDK914
    LizaDK914 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals, and similar experiences. Looking forward to seeing how you progress!
  • ali_riemer
    ali_riemer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Sylvia, Do you have an instagram? That has helped me with motivation when feeling down. My instagram is alichambers_xxx
    I've lost 41 pounds from my heaviest and looking to lose another 45. I've been stuck lately which can be very fustrating. I wish you the best of luck!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Anyway Sylvia - feel free to add me. I started off around 309 lbs and my goal weight is also 150. I log in every day :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My name is Sylvia. I am from Vermont. This is my second major try at losing weight. I am currently 312, but aim to someday be at 150. Eventually.

I did Weight Watchers before and besides counting points, the online community really helped me. I love to write, but am not one to share my weight loss struggles (and success) outside of a safe environment., OS I am looking for some of you folk to follow and follow me. I need somewhat of an audience to keep me accountable.
    Start your blog and I will follow :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP, lots of good things in store for you here, life changes and friendships to be made:drinker:

Sylvia, I'm so sorry for the comment above (the one from :noway: Belly), that person if you look through their past posts looks to be a troublemaker, so ignore the comment, please!

People don't typically act this way on here, I just want you to understand that so you don't feel this is representative of MFP. There are very warm and kind members and those are the ones that would enjoy reading your blog!

Sylvia, I began a much higher weight than you shared and am 1/2 way to wear I'd like to be, so yes, it is possible! :drinker:

Also there are also small groups that might interest you, just click the groups button and look up at topic of interest. :flowerforyou:

srslybritt - great threads you added!:happy:
  • tracyheartsrob
    tracyheartsrob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am Tracy, I'm 28 and from Seattle. I am aspiring to lose about 70 lbs. I started myfitnesspal last summer but I did not do well with it. Today is my first day back on so hopefully I can motivate myself. My husband and I have been working out though, so I think we are off to a good start. One of my good friends has lost about 20 lbs using one of these sites so that's a little bit inspiring.

My profile picture is a few years old but its from a time when I felt better about myself. I figure its a good motivator for me. I was much thinner!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me Sylvia. :)
  • tracyheartsrob
    tracyheartsrob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love to write too so the blogging part of this is easy.

I've never tried WW. I've considered it though.
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! This is a great place for support, recipes and motivation! Please feel free to add me!!
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    How dare you judge this girl and her efforts, you are a piece of work and one of the worst kinds of people. You have no idea what led her to this point, so unless you do..keep your rude and unnecessary comments to yourself.

Anyway. Sylvia, Welcome! I am a blogger (not on MFP but I have it through another site). I'd be happy to share my blog with you and follow yours if you decide to make one :) Good luck! It's hard but if you stick to it, you can do it!
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I started almost in the same place, and would also like to get down to about 150. I've been struggling for the past month or so, but I'm hoping I can get back on track. Best of luck to you!
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I began my weight loss efforts at 368 (joined mfp having already lost some), and do have a blog (not here, on my own site). If you begin a blog, let me know and I will read it, and would be glad to share the addy of my offsite blog with you (and there is no advertising on my blog).
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

I have total faith in you. I know you're said you're doing WW (and I'm pro doing whatever works for you), but to give you reading material, I'm going to plagiarize a friend here...
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ok so to the rude one not only have I gotten above 250 I've done it twice now.

I am back up to 260 and have 100 lbs to lose to hit my goal. I lost 80 with MFP before becoming pregnant and falsely believing the weight falls off while breast feeding ;) It's a great tool!
  • Rebecca_1552
    Rebecca_1552 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Sylvia!

I used to do WW as well, but have found the food database on here to be much bigger & the absence of subscription fees is a great bonus! :happy: Also, I've compared my points to what MFP allows for calories, and it evens out perfectly. Nice to meet you and good luck on your path toward meeting your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp.its great site.good luck on your journey :smile:
  • sylviadeannek
    Options
    hmmm.... I wasn't going to respond to this, but you ignited me to fight back. None of these are excuses, but more so a look at the complexity of it. I hope you are not this rude to everyone one. We all have to start from somewhere

1.) Not tracking my weight or food. I lost weight before and was tracking for almost a year and lost a lot of weight. But honestly? I got sick of the tracking. I wanted to be like my friends, not needing to look at the nutritional label every time we went out. I figured I lost the weight, so what the hell, ditch tracking. Now I am obviously back to it.

2.) Not going to the doctors- I hadn't gone to my Gyno in 2 years and I haven't had a primary car provider since my pediatrician. What motivated me to start losing again was finding out that fat is starting to attach to my liver and also that until i lose wight, I am unable to get pregnant. These two things were completly off my radar, and now they are.

3.) Change in Income & Career. I took a pay cut, more work hours and a sedentary desk job in order to peruse my career track. I am an AmeriCorp VISTA, which means living on $800 a month. After rent & bills, it leaves not very much for high quality food. Along with my work schedule, I was often relying on McDonald for my 3 meals; $1 breakfast burrito, $1 mcdouble, $1 mcickhen. When i had the extra cash, I would bump that up to two of each. My boyfriend helps out by buying most of the groceries, but his tastes tend to be more junk food and processed food.

4.) PCOS- Polycystic ovary syndrome makes it very difficult to lose weight. My hormones are constantly telling my body to store. Look it up so maybe you can have some greater understanding and compassion.

5.) Holidays & Winter - I was 280 until the holidays came. Then I gradually went up to 300 and beyond. I live in Vermont and if you are unaware, we had a very, very long winter filled with bellow zero temperatures and lots of snow. Not only does this impact the ability to outside and exercise, but also your mood. It was challenging to get out of bed msot mornings, none the less think about getting more active. I was in a pretty bad funk. Not feeling great about my performance at work, questioning my relationship, stressing about bills. My weight getting up to 300 was not the highest on my priority list.

6.) My lovely boyfriend; bless his heart. He always thinks I'm beautiful, thinks I'm gorgeous without makeup on, loves taking me out for Chinese food and treating me to date nights that include heavy appetizers and lots of drinks. His perfect night though is curled up on the couch, binge watching netlfix. I am not blaming him, but we are definitely comfortable around each other and I don't feel the need to worry about my weight around him. I heard a quote from Miranda Lambert. She said "Dude, why didn't you tell me I got fat?' He said, 'It's not my job to tell you you're fat. It's my job to tell you you're beautiful." That is my boyfriend. And I love him for it

7.) Dealing with drinking issues. I got a DUI in Jan of 2012 and after then my weight really started to change. Before, i was drinking 3-18 beers per day, before and after work. After my DUI, I had to deal with those issues. Now, I drink socially, usually once or twice a month. But obviously, there is some emotional, coping reason why I drank, because food has often been a safe alternative. Instead of picking up that 24oz of beer before work or smoking a joint, i would get a cheese danish. Pick your poison I guess.

so in short, I am not f**king perfect and I guarantee you are not as well.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    so in short, I am not f**king perfect and I guarantee you are not as well.

"Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel
    Like you're less than f**kin' perfect."

Don't ever feel like you have to explain yourself to anyone. You're here and you're making strides to better yourself. THAT should be the main focus. =)