Running Question

Hey everyone, I am your average maybe bigger sized guy that likes to run. I have a question that i hope someone can awnser.
So, I heard that when you run at an incline on a treadmill that your time per mile goes down? is this true. I have been trying to get better times per mile. If anyone knows this awnser, please say something! thanks!

Replies

• There's nothing magical about running on an incline on a treadmill. Your run times will go down, but it's because you are strengthening your quads. Running bleachers, doing squats and lunges or incorporating sprints into your runs will all help with this. Just don't overdo it.

I'm 33, 6' 2" and 200lb. It sounds like we have similar builds.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Hey everyone, I am your average maybe bigger sized guy that likes to run. I have a question that i hope someone can awnser.
    So, I heard that when you run at an incline on a treadmill that your time per mile goes down? is this true. I have been trying to get better times per mile. If anyone knows this awnser, please say something! thanks!

When you run at an incline on the treadmill you simulate running outside much better than if you did it at zero. WHen running outside you have to push off on every step whereas the TM the belt propels your legs to make it easier.

So if you are looking to improve your running time outside and do alot of your training on the TM, doing so on an incline (1-2) should help your outside time somewhat.