Giving up

Options
Well today was a complete fail. I overate and now I feel disgusting, I just feel like giving up. I have no support at all, and I just can't do this on my own anymore :sad: :brokenheart:

Replies

• lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to have days like these, the beauty is that tomorrow brings a clean slate and the ability to start anew and put right today what went wrong yesterday. Don't give up all your hard work now - we're all here to support you!
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think you need to sit down and review your priorities.

If you want something BAD enough, you will find the strength and willpower.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It happens. Health is a process. But one day isn't going to really hurt you, you know? One day isn't going to take away everything you've done - not unless one becomes two, two becomes three, and three becomes a lot more. Give yourself some time to feel whatever you're feeling, drink some water, go to bed, and get up tomorrow ready to go back to your normal lifestyle.

It's not about being perfect or never slipping up. That would be ridiculous. It's about MOST of your choices leading to better health, and if most of them do, you'll get the results you want. It'll be okay.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Don't give up :flowerforyou: I had a bad day yesterday, pick yourself up and keep going :drinker: xx
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Some days just suck. It's all a part of the process. Stop dwelling on it, and do better tomorrow. You can do it.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    bye
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is me today too. It was helpful to read people's comments. I hope OP was encouraged too.
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to have days like these, the beauty is that tomorrow brings a clean slate and the ability to start anew and put right today what went wrong yesterday. Don't give up all your hard work now - we're all here to support you!

THIS
  • solsi6
    solsi6 Posts: 14
    Options
    Well today was a complete fail. I overate and now I feel disgusting, I just feel like giving up. I have no support at all, and I just can't do this on my own anymore :sad: :brokenheart:

If you are in the fitness thing, that's how you are going to feel many a times. Do not grow obcessed with having absolute goals... Know that every minute of exercise you do and every gram of junk food you avoid makes your life better. It's not an all or nothing game.
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    No one said it would be easy, if it was there would be fit people all over the world. It takes a little dedication and discipline, even with that said, it takes a lot to keep it up every day. Hang in there. This coming from an absolute gym nut who has been a couch potato for the last 7 years and has finally risen to his feet. Its only day 5 for me and I dig deep every day to get on my treadmill.

SteveY
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    “If you get a flat tire, you don’t get out of the car and slash all three other tires. You fix the flat and you keep going." - Jillian Michaels.

Keep fighting.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It could be you're trying to conquer the world in a day. Realize you're human, and there's only so much you can do in a day and keep your sanity. Take an inventory of those things that you can do today until things settle down tomorrow.

I keep thinking of the Tom Hanks line in "A League of Their Own" - It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great.

If this journey were easy, being overweight would be obsolete.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Probably just bloated. Drink water eat healthy, unprocessed today and things will look much better when you wake up tomorrow. You are half way to your goal.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, keep going. What I've noticed most of the time is when I overeat or splurge just b/c I want to, I'm still under or right at maintenance. You're going to have days when you feel like a failure, when you want to quit and you don't think you can do it. It's ok, those will pass but you just have to keep going. Check out the Success Stories page for some motivation when you're feeling down. Start over now, pick up where you left off and keep going. You can do this, you just have to want it bad enough.
  • tiffeh345
    tiffeh345 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There will be days when you feel like you failed horribly. You will probably (in your mind) eat too much, exercise too little, and feel miserable. There will be days when you feel like you did amazing. I have those days as well, especially when I first started on my journey. I would "screw up" a day and feel so frustrated that I wanted to give up.

It has only been in the past few weeks that I realized something that has helped me tremendously. You need to change your way of thinking. You are going to have fantastic days and not so fantastic days. Both are going to occur (for most people). As long as you realize that you can move past those "screw up" days and continue towards your goal.

The hardest thing for me to learn was to not beat myself up for the days that I didn't do as well as I would like. If you are anything like me, you are your own worst critic. Most people are harder on themselves than others. I would make note of the things I did that day (less exercise than I needed or eating too much) and make plans to work extra hard to prevent it from happening again. Instead of making it out to be a setback, use it as a motivation.

Just keep on trucking and you will be fine. Good luck!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    “If you get a flat tire, you don’t get out of the car and slash all three other tires. You fix the flat and you keep going." - Jillian Michaels.

Keep fighting.

I don't like Jillian Michaels, but this quote does make sense.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You don't need any support- you need you.

No one can "support" you through this. You're the one who has to stand on your own and make the descion.

The other option is- just quit- and guess what- you'll be right where you are. Still miserable.

So you can have bad cranky days- and feel down but DOING something- or you can go back to where you were doing nothing and still feel miserable about yourself.

You're choice.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You are your own best support. If you want it bad enough, then you'll achieve it.

Simple.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    One bad day will not set you back. This is a marathon and not a sprint! I've had periods of time in my own journey where I've been traveling, etc. and have had 3 or 4 bad days in a row, gained some weight back, and had to pick myself up and re-start the process again. The important thing is to believe in yourself. Believe in yourself and know that you can do this. You got this.