Plus size workout clothes

Options
I'm looking for some ideas & places to buy/order plus sized workout clothing from. I'd like to get some running tights & capris particularly, in a 2x size that aren't TOO tight, and hopefully without breaking the bank. I have some loose meshy capri style ones I wear now from Target's C9 collection, but it seems they've discontinued the ones I like...their current stuff is TOO tight. Does anyone have any suggestions on budget-friendly places/websites to try? Thanks! :)

Replies

• Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Old navy has some good stuff.. Not that expensive and a lot of times it's on sale..
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Moving Comfort has a plus-sized line.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some online at Kohls. I like the Tek gear brand. Some are more close fitting then others but I find they fit well.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    old navy has some pretty awesome moisture wicking compression capris. their long pants suck though in terms of wicking. i guess if you're Ok with looking like you peed yourself then they are OK

under armor is also good but they are a bit pricey. they are pretty much the best though
  • JPom83
    JPom83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much for the suggestions!!
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy best! Sometimes I have luck at Khols and K-mart. Wal Mart online has a decent selection of items as well
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    JC Penney X-ersion line is awesome.

I'm out of plus now, but I actually went back in to get their X-ersion misses stuff, that is how much I loved my plus items from that line.

Also...I wore my X-ersion compression style athletic capris for about a year, washed them after every wear, and they are still in good shape. My mom's friend wears my cast-offs almost daily now. LOL
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i swear by old navy online!!
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I got my stuff at Kohls.com. They don't carry plus size exercise clothes in the store though.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I do Wal-Mart and JCP. I was sad too that Target discontinued its line. That was my favorite.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I got some at Target.
  • tlicttbh
    tlicttbh Posts: 89
    Options
    Catherine's (plus sized shop) has some very nice capris workout pants. They go up to 6X at that store. The pants were such high quality durable fabric that I almost considered buying a pair just for the fabric and making capris in my size. For the smaller sizes at Catherine's these capris were $23. The larger sizes might be more. I really like the clothes there---high quality fabrics and attractive. But they start at size 14, which is too big for me.
  • tlicttbh
    tlicttbh Posts: 89
    Options
    A tip: I don't like to wear my pants skin tight. I take a M. Sometimes I get a L or XL, then they fit how I like my pants to fit...a little loose. Maybe if you try some pants that are a size or 2 bigger, they'd fit you how you want them to fit.