ALCOHOL! ALCOHOL!

Options
Hey, Guys! Happy Monday.

Every time I go to the bars, I get a Vodka Soda with muddled lemons/limes. Yeah, calorie efficient, but I'm getting pretty tired of it!

Anyone have any good low-cal drink recommendations?? Alcohol, drink etc. Maybe even the total cals of said drink if you know!

:)

Replies

• anuulak
    anuulak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Being a vodka girl as well, I usually order vodka with diet coke :)
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Malibu and diet coke for me. (unfortunately it's much more expensive than pints/cidre/wine)
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Gin, rum, vodka, whisky , tequila, brandy and cognac - aparently all have around 55-70 cals (single shot)

I like Gin or vodka and slimline - 56 cals (single), Sailor Jerry & Diet Coke (67 cals) (tastes a little like Drumstick Lolly)

Wine - around 140 cals (175ml)

Hope this gives you some sort or choice. I feel your pain lol :drinker:
  • solsi6
    solsi6 Posts: 14
    Options
    try rum with diet coke
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If I'm somewhere where I can make my own drinks I like to make fruit drinks with rum (dark or light, whatever you prefer). I usually add frozen strawberries or raspberries and some peppermint leaves + some soda, delicious!
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Vodka Redbull all the way
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    This is my weak areas..I will sometimes drink 7-10 lite beers with each being about 100 calories. All my friends drink beer.

Maybe I should try to switch a vodka & diet coke drink.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Low calorie + drinking is not in my vocab, haha. I work in the drinks I want into my macros.

I tend to go for hard cider, a dirty vodka martini, or a tequila sunrise (very light on the grenadine). Each drink doesn't cut into my macros too much, but they aren't "low cal".
  • mrsbunburyist
    Options
    If you drink beer, a Guinness is actually basically your lowest calorie option. It's around 168 cals for a pint (and if you're drinking it from a bottle I don't know what to say to you). It isn't low calorie, but it isn't high sugar, so it doesn't usually hurt my macros very much.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    either amber/dark beer (if im just having a casual) or gin and diet ginger ale (if im planning on getting a little silly)
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer girl. I just try to make room in my calories and drink tons of water before and after, hit the gym the next day, and hope for the best lol
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Being a vodka girl as well, I usually order vodka with diet coke :)

OMG I just gagged a little. :flowerforyou:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    If you drink beer, a Guinness is actually basically your lowest calorie option. It's around 168 cals for a pint (and if you're drinking it from a bottle I don't know what to say to you). It isn't low calorie, but it isn't high sugar, so it doesn't usually hurt my macros very much.

Hooray for stout!!!!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Redbreast 12 Irish whiskey, Jameson, Kraken Black Spiced Rum or vodka.

Neat only. No ice. No soda. No juice.

That way I get the full impact of the alcohol and no sugar.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I drink Junior Johnson's Cherry Moonshine. Straight shots with a water chaser.
  • mzhrrs13
    mzhrrs13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Skinny Girl Vodkas? They have a peach flavored Skinny Girl Margarita that I like!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to drink I'm not going low cal. I don't like beer, so I prefer mixed drinks, and I like my Sex On the Beach and my daquiris. I fit them into my calorie allotment.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Tequila shots are 95 cals per :):drinker: :drinker:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Gin, rum, vodka, whisky , tequila, brandy and cognac - aparently all have around 55-70 cals (single shot)

I like Gin or vodka and slimline - 56 cals (single), Sailor Jerry & Diet Coke (67 cals) (tastes a little like Drumstick Lolly)

Wine - around 140 cals (175ml)

Hope this gives you some sort or choice. I feel your pain lol :drinker:

This is the gospel truth, right here. If you don't get anything too dark (bourbon, instead of a whiskey like Jim Beam; dark and/or spiced rum, instead of clear), it should all be about the same low calories.

Warning is, might want to check to see how big their shots are. If you look at a typical shot glass, a totally full one is 1.5 ounces (adding 50% more calories to the calculations above). One ounce is about 2/3 of the shotglass, which looks pretty full (but these glasses are fluted). So check how much the bartender is pouring. They often don't check or pour exactly one ounce, so I'd be on the safe side and assume 1.5 oz. (closer to 100 calories, I believe).

IMO, it's better to not drink (and that's a hard thing for this guy to say). I've learned to drink only twice a week (Friday and Saturday) and, even then, to do so in moderation. It's easier for a thirty-something (or at least this thirty-something). Until basically a year ago, I loved getting blasted, doing it often, and still drinking steadily on nights when I would "take it easy." Alcohol is the absolute devil when you're trying to lose weight.

I've also been told it inhibits your ability to process fat, until all of the stuff is out of your system (another reason to drink less at a time, not binge drink).
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Redbreast 12 Irish whiskey, Jameson, Kraken Black Spiced Rum or vodka.

Neat only. No ice. No soda. No juice.

That way I get the full impact of the alcohol and no sugar.

^^ THIS -- except I'm a Don Julio man through and through.

So, the global answer would be <alcohol name> + ("neat" or "straight up").

Cheers!