Which TV dinner brand is best?

Options
I don't eat TV dinners often, 1 time a week at most. I've been eating Lean Cuisine lately. They are delicious! So 2 questions:
1.which brand would be better for me?
2. Which brand is your favorite (food options wise)

Replies

• Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The Lean Cuisine is my favorite, but I just got the Healthy Choice meals in a bowl which is very good in my opinion, or the Hormel Complete's (It has to be the green label ones for the lower calories). They are good (the oatmeal one is REALLY GOOD) but you don't have to keep them frozen, so I leave one at work just in case I don't have lunch its a lighter healthy option.
  • kmurphy798
    Options
    Thanks for some other options! I love them because it tastes like rich, unhealthy food and it's only 300ish calories!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    When I did eat them I liked Lean Cuisine. But because they have so much sodium, I've stopped eating them.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't know what would be "better" but my favorite is Amy's. They're vegetarian but they're so good that I don't care. They're not necessarily low-cal though, so check the labels to make sure they fit into your day.
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like Artisan Bistro brand (some of them are low sodium too, one of the salmon ones only has 135mg of sodium). Evol also has some tasty options.

I like to supplement my frozen meals with mixed frozen vegetables, or add in my own fresh broccoli and bell peppers to steam half-way through.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Really have to watch the sodium due to the blood pressure issues. Got this list of low sodium frozen meals out of a magazine:

Healthy Choice Sesame Chicken (460 mg sodium)
    Lean Cuisine Glazed Chicken (450 mg sodium)
    Amy's Light in Sodium Mexican Casserole (390 mg sodium)
    Kashi Black Bean Mango dinner (380 mg sodium)
    Lean Pockets Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar (380 mg sodium)
    Lean Choice Herb Crusted Fish (370 mg sodium)
    Healthy Choice Honey Roasted Turkey (350 mg sodium)
    Amy's Light in Sodium Vegetable Lasagna (340 mg sodium)
    Amy's Light in Sodium Mac and Cheese (290 mg sodium)
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers were on sale at my local grocery store this week. I'd never tried them before but picked up a few for lunches. I had the beef merlot one today. It was less than 200cal and tasted pretty darn good!

I've done Lean Cuisine and Amy's before - both are good - but definitely watch out for the sodium if you have issues with salt.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Fresh & Easy sells their brand of frozen foods 'Eatwell' Taste like real food and some are very low in sodium compared to other brands the Spaghetti & Meatballs for instance is only 250 mg sodium!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers all the way ....
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I prefer lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers Smart Ones
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I haven't bought a TV dinner since the 70's.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Nothing more needs to be said....

TV-Dinner-Style-Metal-Serving-Tray_zps3381ae02.jpg
  • Lorijp
    Lorijp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't eat TV dinners often, 1 time a week at most. I've been eating Lean Cuisine lately. They are delicious! So 2 questions:
    1.which brand would be better for me?
    2. Which brand is your favorite (food options wise)

Adkins and smart ones are good.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i like Amy's brand!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    i like Amy's brand!

I second this. Amy's is awesome!! Everything tastes so fresh.
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like the Marie Callender ones when I have them. I haven't really tried anything else though :P